This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR JJ vs overcard

• Zenith88
      Zenith88
      Bronze
      0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J:diamond: , J:club:
      UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.40, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1.35) 4:diamond: , Q:spade: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, MP3 calls $0.80, CO folds.

On the flop i made my standard contibet, as the board was not draw heavy

Turn: ($2.95) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40.

I call the bet on the turn because my check might have made him bet a pocket pair or a FD

River: ($5.75) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, MP3 calls $1.50.

The spade/overcard on the turn complicates things. It is likely I am behind most of the times, and i doubt he would call me with a worse hand so i think the blockbet was a mistake. A queen would gladly check behind on that river.
      Would c/f on the river be a better play?
      Final Pot: $8.75
  • 3 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Hi Zenith88,

PF, Flop and Turn are fine.
      But I don't think he'd bet a FD on the turn, since there are no FD on the board. ;)
      But he may bet smaller PP or try to bluff, it's ok to call.

The river I'd play check/fold against an unknown, there are two overcards there and the board is dry, any worse hands will check behind, so if villain bets he's either on a bluff or he has you, but I don't think you'll be facing a bluff here too often.
    • Zenith88
      Zenith88
      Bronze
      Embarrassing thing about the FD, i think i was looking at wrong hand because i thought there were two spades on the board. I must be tired.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Don't worry, it happens with everyone, especially when you're tired.
      Just try to not play when you're tired and good luck at the tables. :)

P.S.: Actually, I should my follow own advice, cause I do play when I'm tired anyway. :D