alland
      Global
      Platform: IPoker - formated by LittleTitanHelper
      Gamecode: 1127126708 - 2008-08-20 21:14:27
      $0.10 SB / $0.20 BB - 6 handed

Seat 1: MP2 ($30.01)
      Seat 3: MP3 ($33.07)
      Seat 5: CO ($20.30)
      Seat 6: [color=#0000ff]Hero[/color]($20)(DEALER)
      Seat 8: SB ($19.80)
      Seat 10: BB ($20)

Dealt to Hero: A:heart: A:spade:

Preflop:
      SB posts SB, BB posts BB,CO posts BB
      [color=#7d7d7d]2 folds[/color], CO raises to $0.80, Hero raises to $2.40, [color=#7d7d7d]2 folds[/color], CO calls $1.60

Flop(Pot: $5.40):
      9:club: K:heart: 7:spade:
      CO checks, Hero bets $4, CO calls $4

Turn(Pot: $13.40):
      9:club: K:heart: 7:spade: ,K:spade:
      CO checks, Hero checks

River(Pot: $13.40):
      9:club: K:heart: 7:spade: ,K:spade: ,10:club:
      CO bets $13.80, Hero raises All-in($13.60)

Total Pot: $40.80
  • 6 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I like your line.
      If Co has K, you´ll loose your stack, but if he doesn´t have trips or better, he is going to fold his hand
      So better is checking back turn and call river bet or bet yourself if he checks twice.
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      Well...

he did check turn and called his potsized river bet?

This hand was just bad luck.. I'm also losing the stack in this position as I'd convince myself he's bluffing or something on the river. We'll need to learn to let aces go if we believe we're beat...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kukac26
      Well...

he did check turn and called his potsized river bet?

This hand was just bad luck.. I'm also losing the stack in this position as I'd convince myself he's bluffing or something on the river. We'll need to learn to let aces go if we believe we're beat...
      kukac. This is 3-bet pot, board pairs. We have potsize left. Why would you think that we are behind, and should play check behind turn and c/f river.
      Folding here aces is very big mistake.
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      Ok... CO raises pre-flop.. in absence of any data we put him on something like 66+, AKo+ when he calls the heroes re-raise.

He then c/cs the flop...

now depends on the villain.. but if he's capable of calling the flop bet with TT-QQ (I'm not) then the river bet/call makes sense.

Now if the villain had an AK (Kx serves the purpouse too) he would want to protect his hand on the turn.

His check on the turn and the bet on the river mean two things... he has complete air and is trying to move us out of the pot (TBH if he had that intention he would probably bet somewhere in 1/2-3/4 of the pot as it would do the same as a potsized bet does) or...

or he has us beat so hard he thinks he has nothing to worry about.

Then he puts us all-in on the river. All alarm bells start blaring. What hands does he think he has beat? Does he think anything at all? Or is this a maniac play?

We have to be better in 33% to break even and the only hand we beat at this moment is a bluff (well yes.. sorry I think a potsized bet with QQ here is a bluff).

Folding aces here may not be so wrong after all... We have an overpair to a paired board, whole of it in zone (ok.. stretching it a bit with that 7.. but 77 is still possible).

You said you liked his line. C-bet flop and check behind on the turn (you probably wanted to advise a turn bet?).

I think the worst hand that calls us on the flop is AK (other being 99 and 77, considering the river play). 20 NL players don't like to put a lot of monies in on air so as soon as the c-bet gets called I'm on defensive here.

and if said people start shooting..

Just fold it.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      it is nl 20. Player is unkown. You can´t fold, since players are bad and often would do spewy things when you show weakness, which hero did checking turn.
      It is easy call when he shoves river. Other line would bet small to induce bluffshove on the turn, but against unknown or aggressive player folding here is mistake, since you can´t make enough good laydowns with overpair on 3-bet pot to make it profitable.
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      Glad to hear I'm doing it right.

Because in last two weeks of microlimiting (a bit down on my BR) done about 8k hands, and 80% of total loss comes from one pair hands (most of them came from AA, KK, QQ and AK making overpair/top pair hands).

I'm overplaying them. Calling pot-sized river bets and the like, with a full buy-in or more. Getting stacked with these hands may seem justifiable, but that doesn't make it unavoidable.