Hey guys !

• TimoDee
      TimoDee
      Bronze
      Hello there, my name's Darius. I've only just turned 18 recently, but I have been playing poker for a while.

Anyways, I have a little question. I have signed up to PokerStars yesterday, but instead of the starting capital option, I have chosen the 100% deposit bonus one. It said on the page that it would take 24 hours to come through, but it still hasn't. Any idea what can be done about it ?

My ID on PokerStars is TimoDeee

EDIT: I did use the code, of course :)
  • 11 replies
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      G'day Darius.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to use the starting capital option, but that's your choice. (you can use them both, you're not limited to one or the other, so you could have gotten up to $150).

But, in any case...

On PokerStars, to get the 100% deposit bonus, you first need to deposit money, and enter the bonus code. Then you need to earn 10x the vpp's of the amount you deposited, to clear it.

Let's say you chose to deposit $100. You enter the code, deposit your $100, and then start playing.

When you clear 1000 vpp's, the $100 bonus will be deposited into your account immediately by PokerStars.

You have 6 months to clear 1000 vpp's.

You can see the status of your bonus in the PokerStars Cashier, by clicking on "cashier" and then on the "check my bonus status" button. There, you will see the deposit date, how many vpp's you have earned so far toward clearing it, the expiration date, and other useful info.

I hope that helped clear things up.
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Also, there are actually two codes to use. The first one, when you sign up, is to tie your account to PokerStrategy, so your account can be tracked. I am not sure if you can use pokerstrategy's first deposit code, if you did not sign up using the sign up code.

As long as you followed all the instructions on the PokerStars instructions page, you should be in good shape.
    • TimoDee
      TimoDee
      Bronze
      Ahh I see, thanks a lot :)

When do I start getting my Strategy points then ?:)

Hmm...I think I might have forgotten the Marketing code, but my account seems to be tied to Poker Strategy, because it the Sharing Inofmration menu it mentioned Poker Strategy..
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Points get updated every couple of days.

How much did you deposit?

If you deposited $100, you can check by clicking the "check my bonus status" button, and see if they are giving you 100% up to $100. (their normal bonus for anyone who signs up is 100% up to $50.

If you deposited $50 or less, then it doesn't really matter which code you used, since you'd be getting the same bonus either way. Since you only get one first deposit bonus, the thing to do to take maximum advantage of it would be to deposit $100. (but, that's my own opinion).

By the same logic, if I ever sign up at full tilt, I'd never deposit less than $600, since that's the maximum first deposit bonus there.

Anyway... You can send stars an email (since you just signed up) and explain to them you think you may have forgotten to put in the marketing code, and see if they can check into that for you. Let them know the code you had intended to use.

The information sharing menu is there because you downloaded a 'slightly' modified version of the stars client than the one on their main page. So, anyone downloading that client, should have that menu, but that alone won't mean your account is tied to pokerstrategy.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi TimoDee,

If you have completed all the required steps, you will recieve strategy points when the player lists are updated. This should be everyday for Stars.

Best regards,
      Stiev
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Ooops.. also, I see you're still a basic member, which means you won't get any pokerstrategy points.

In order to get points you have to have your account tracked by pokerstrategy. In order to be promoted to bronze, you need to take the quiz, and get your starting capital. (Which, again is why I was wondering why you'd not want to get the free $50.. )

Basically, you need to take the quiz, pass it, and follow the instructions for the platform of your choice. (in this case, stars.. )

The instructions for Stars are the ones I linked above for you.

Since you have already signed up with stars.. if you didn't use that marketing code, I'd immediately send Stars a message saying "ooops.. I forgot to enter the marketing code" and tell them the code you meant to use, and that you had intended to link your account to pokerstrategy.

After that, if you wish, you could take the quiz, pass it, see about getting your $50 starting capital and you would be promoted as soon as the starting capital is deposited.
    • TimoDee
      TimoDee
      Bronze
      Thanks for your replies :)

I can confirm that in my Bonus it says: "PokerStrategy $100 first deposit bonus"

"Pending Bonus: $100"

Does that mean I'm tied to PokerStrategy ?
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      I'm not sure about that, but it certainly means that you can use that code anyway. =)

So that's good.

I'm not sure if you're actually tied to pokerstrategy or not though. Pretty sure you have to use the marketing code for that.

One thing you can do is play, wait for a couple of days and see if any of your points start showing up. They actually take two days or so to show up here. I only play on Stars, and have never had my points for one day show up the next. They always take at least two days.

To be safe, I would send stars a message, and just verify with them, if your account is tied to pokerstrategy. Let them know you intended to use that marketing code, you're not sure now if you did or not and just ask them if all is well.

The sooner you do it the better. Stars support is great, but the longer you have an account, the harder it would be to get it re-tracked. Some sites won't do it at all, if you didn't sign up properly.

Stars support is good though, so I'd just check with 'em.
    • TimoDee
      TimoDee
      Bronze
      Thanks again guys,

I've just sent them an e-mail.

Hope it clears up soon :)
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello TimoDee,

If you activate the information sharing then everything should be ok. It actually looks like our support is also processing your free $50 starting capital - so with a bit of luck you will receive that in addition to your first deposit.

Your status should change once Stars sends the next lists.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • TimoDee
      TimoDee
      Bronze
      Ok just managed to clear the bonus making a nice profit of $1000 in 3 days :)

Not bad, eh :)