This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

AKo, Detailed thought process

• LetITGOO
      LetITGOO
      Basic
      Full Tilt Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $34.77 - VPIP: 39, PFR: 34, 3B: 19, AF: 2.9, Hands: 1061
      SB: $63.08 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 18, 3B: 8, AF: 6.5, Hands: 137
      BB: $9.18 - VPIP: 31, PFR: 7, 3B: 0, AF: 4.5, Hands: 61
      UTG: $24.27 - VPIP: 35, PFR: 15, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 20
      MP: $26.10 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 10, 3B: 7, AF: 0.0, Hands: 60
      CO: $51.94 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 24, 3B: 3, AF: 2.1, Hands: 119

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with A :spade: K :heart:
      UTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, CO raises to $1.10, Hero calls $1.10, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.85

CO is fairly lose, calls lots pre flop and gives up fairly easily post, I think i 4bet here so often, but with a huge fish in the BB, I wanted to get him to come along, I think this is actually a mistake not to 4bet here, I don't really want to get to the flop 3handed, but I had position, and believed in my reads against the 2 players

Flop: ($3.65) 6 :diamond: T :club: K :club: (3 players)
      UTG checks, CO bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25, UTG calls $2.25

so pretty most the perfect board, I really don't like my call on this board at all, I knew the CO was betting almost 100% of flops, UTG i wasn't so sure on what his c/c range was, and if he had a FD I was pretty much happy to get it in here, In the moment, I called, knowing on the turn the CO will give up 99% of the time, and if he doesn't I have a pretty easy fold, and if no FD card comes then im going to get it in

Turn: ($10.40) 8 :heart: (3 players)
      UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $7.25, UTG raises to $20.92, CO folds, Hero calls $13.67

turn is a pretty decent card, I dont think this hits any of their ranges that often, it only really completes 79 which just isn't in their hands, my hand is pretty disguised, and I think I may be able to get QQ/JJ maybe even TT to get it in on this turn, as well as some weaker Kx hands. I think my bet is pretty thin here, but Im almost certain ive got the best hand, with the CO given up like I knew he would, I was pretty sure that he was just folding, if UTG shoved all in, then I think its a pretty easy call after making the bet on the turn. If CO goes all in here, I probably just fold the hand, if UTG calls, and CO calls, I check back almost all rivers.

River: ($52.24) 2 :spade: (2 players)

the more I look at the hand, Im not sure if i like the way i played it, I pretty much should always be 4betting pre here, and then if not raising the flop. I think the line i took in the long run will always be -EV, would like to know thoughts on that thanks.
  • 2 replies
    • LetITGOO
      LetITGOO
      Basic
      noone?
    • double2
      double2
      Bronze
      Unfortunately to post in the forum of hands corresponding to 0.10/0.25$ you have to have a Silver status. I would suggest you make some Strategy points so you get the proper help you want.

Pre flop it would be a 4bet but a 3bet, and I think you deff should have done it.

Regarding post flop, when a weak, as UTG is, c/c you flop and c/r you turn you can just fold top pair type hands without further reads.