Downswing allright but not my fault

• mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      So my so called poker career was going good. I got my bankroll up to 76 bucks. And then a friend of mine came along. Claiming he and his friends play poker almost every night and that he can play good. He said he wanted to play online and I say ok, go for it, I don't mind, here's the account.

That was 2 days ago. Today I have 53 dollars left. Add to this a 10 dollar released bonus cause while playing he made a shitload of full tilt points. So I am behind roughly about 35 dollars.

Not that I am mad or something. I just now really really, I mean really appreciate the strategy articles about SSS here.
      While playing by them (and sometimes tilting, as it turned out) I was ahead 26 dollars in the 5/10 cents limits at Full tilt Poker.

While playing like a psycho and calling trash hands just because they are suited and he wanted just to see the flop for a flush or a straight draw, my friend achieved losing 35 dollars in maybe 10 hours of playing.

Ok, I also lost 6 dollars today but that was due to bad luck like 2 times I lost a 2 dollar all in with AK vs JJ and second time was me KK at CO vs the small blind with AA as it turned out a bit later. It really hurts to lose those kind of hands but it's just poker.
      And one time I played AT suited vs I don't remember what but I deserved it.

So from tomorrow I will be back on my way to bankrolling to 150 bucks with SSS and safely moving to the higher limit.

Thanks, PS.com! You guys are great!

Btw, has something similar happened to you guys?
  • 6 replies
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      1)Don't ever let anyone but you on your account,if they claim they're good,why don't they play online themselves with their own money?And yeah home games...we all know the level there :)

2)It's normal to get bad beats,but don't make bad plays,it will drag down your win rate ,especially at SSS.It's best if you have the strategy in your head and you post hands.
      If you do that,you'll see the progress yourself.Just go look at Blogs forum for SSS blogs ;)
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      For 1) I let him play cause he is really close to me and well, it was a nice experience. For the cost of about 30 bucks I know I just have to stick to the rules of SSS or BSS later to make profit.

For 2) Yes, when I get a bad beat at first I am reaaaaally pissed off but then I check the hands equity and I see it's like 85% percent for my hand and 15% for the other hand and I say to myself "Oh, ok, I will win 7 times from eight with those hands, you're welcome to do the same again, nice odds."
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hi mishkagg, =)
      first of all: never EVER give away your password! Seriously! Even if it's a friend or anything. I hope you already changed your password since your friend could log into your account at any time and just loose all of your money if you didn't.

About the bad beats: I really like your attitude. That's the right way to think about it and I'm sure if you stick to the strategy you will move up in the limits, improve your game and become a successful poker player.

Greets,
      Chiller3k
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Two things...
      Never ever let someone play who is good at home games :)
      Second... Never ever let someone watch you while playing... You will tilt or make bad decisions for sure :)
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      For the cost of about 30 bucks I know I just have to stick to the rules of SSS or BSS later to make profit.

thumbs up :) if you learn that for 30$, then it's a lot cheaper in comparison to many other people.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Uuum I am not dumb enough to show account passwords left and right. No one saw my password or has any idea what it might be. Even I don't remember it, it's that weird. I have it written though. :P

Yeah, I figured about the bad beats if I am gonna be pissed for 2-3 dollar pots then I shouldn't be bothering to play poker at all.
      I see the 0.5/1$ tables with pots like 25-30 dollars and I think "If I reach those tables at some point and I am pissed now for losing 2 dollars to a bad beat, I will hang myself for losing $50... There is no point being mad, it's now all about the discipline of maintaining the SSS for now and later the BSS.". I am not really gonna hang myself but I guess you get the point. ^__^

Thanks for the support, guys! PS.com is surely a great community!