What's your income with SSS at the 5/10 cents NL per day?

• mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      I play 5/10 cent NL tables at FTP.com.
      I play for like 2 hours sometimes a bit more and when I am ahead it's usually like 5-6 dollars. I win like two or three 3-4 dollar pots for this time.

When I am behind it's also like this cause I just quit for the day when I lose 3 buy ins.

I was just wondering is this rate normal at this limit?

What was/is your rate at this limit?

Thanks in advance!
  • 5 replies
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      when I started I had winrate like 1 big blind per 100 hands, over like 100k hands.

your winrate is not important at this point, most important thing is that you improve your game. most people, when they start playing poker they only want to make money. I also find myself sometimes in state of mind that only thing I want is money. but in order to improve as a poker player you have to try not to think about the money.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      on FullTilt, your aim is - yes! - to move up to NL25 As soon as possible due the rake!

But besides that, if you just start SSS and make a lot of mistakes which doesnt really matter as long as you learn from them, you will be earning a steady rate of 3bb per 100 hands but as your game isnt perfect yet + some variance, your graph will look Swingy.

As hunt32 pointed out: Start learning, the rest comes later.

My winrate on NL10 back when I was a starter was between 2BB/100-3BB/100. Its Adequate but I was learning much more instead of looking after how much I earned.

on NL10 you can't make a living out of it so you should consider just playing ;)

I hope this makes sense.
      Gerv
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      Hi Mishkagg,

I play SSS as well on the Nl10 and NL25 tables. To evaluate your winning rate it is important to have a reasonable sample size in the order of 15k hands or so. Variance can easily make you go +/- 5 buy-ins over 1000 hands or so. Winning rate is usually quoted in terms of big blinds/100 hands or big bets (2x big blind)/100 hands. Over 20k recorded hands on NL10 I had about 6 bb/100, which is $0.60 for every 100 hands I play.

You play about 60-70 hands per hour on each table. So if I play 4 tables at once I play about 250 hands in an hour. Thus on average I make about $1.5 per hour. But remember: more tables != higher winning rate as you have less time to think about your decisions.

Good luck SSS-ing
      Termi8r
    • mesorucky
      mesorucky
      Bronze
      Hey there,

When i was SSS NL10 I found titan i couldn't really win :) crazy game. On stars i was about bb/100 +2 - 3, my Stats for NL 20 and 25 are much higher so far! need a bigger sample yet!

Yeah just focus on your game, if you play well you will see profits automatically :) SSS sounds simple but it takes some time to perfect :)
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Oh, thanks for the answers, guys!

Yeah, I am trying to improve decision making for the SSS. It does look simple but when you're out of position and are dealt AJ suited it is kinda hard to fold, lol.

I was more interested to get me some vague idea of when I will be able to play on the 10/25 limit. But I guess I shouldn't push it.
      If I play correct profit will come, bankroll will increase and so on.

Thanks again, guys!