Brejk's poker blog!

• Brejk06
      Brejk06
      Bronze
      Okey so after my failed attempts at winning at the mid lvl stakes im starting a blog to hopefully fill some leaks in my game. These are the worst hands from my earlier breakeven session at NL20.

Known players:
      keine.

0,1/0,2 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , A:club:
      CO folds, BU calls $0,20, SB raises to $0,80, Hero raises to $2,20, BU folds, SB calls $1,40.

Flop: ($4,60) 9:spade: , 2:heart: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3,00, SB raises to $24,16 (All-In), Hero raises to $30,79 (All-In).

Turn: ($59,55) 3:spade:
      River: ($59,55) 9:diamond:

Final Pot: $59,55

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and nines (Ad Ac)
      SB shows a flush, ace high (Ks As)

SB wins with a flush, ace high (Ks As)

So this guy was somewhat of a maniac so the decision was easy imo. He made a somewhat bad decision although it wasnt that bad. he had around 30% equity on the flop.

0,1/0,2 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:heart: , J:club:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0,60, Hero raises to $1,00, SB calls $0,90, BB calls $0,80, CO calls $0,40.

Flop: ($4,00) 8:heart: , 9:diamond: , 3:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $3,00, SB raises to $10,50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $61,85 (All-In), SB raises to $19,10 (All-In).

Turn: ($84,95) 4:diamond:
      River: ($84,95) K:club:

Final Pot: $84,95

Hero shows a pair of jacks (Jh Jc)
      SB shows three of a kind, nines (9s 9h)

SB wins with three of a kind, nines (9s 9h)

In this hand i couldve made a fold aswell. but i equilated this one and it showed i had 60%equity against this guy and i also played for stacks against this guy when he made an all in with AJ against my AK so he couldve had anything really and as long as he didnt have tripps i thought i was ahead since he would likely raise with QQ+.

0,1/0,2 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9:heart: , 9:spade:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, 2 folds, BB raises to $3,20, Hero calls $2,20.

Flop: ($6,50) J:heart: , 2:heart: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($6,50) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $4,00, Hero calls $4,00.

River: ($14,50) 8:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $6,00, Hero calls $6,00.

Final Pot: $26,50

Hero shows a pair of nines (9h 9s)
      BB shows a pair of queens (Qd Qs)

BB wins with a pair of queens (Qd Qs)

On this hand i made a really bad call down because he was bulling me alot and 3betting. but this time unfortunatly he had the goods. I shouldve waited for a better spot to kill him of really.
  • 1 reply
    • Brejk06
      Brejk06
      Bronze
      Just had a good run making around $80 8tabling NL20 SH. Only played for about 1hr. had a beat in the middle of the session but then i found a real fish that i played $48 off. he kept calling my nuts with total crap. I think he lost his whole bankroll actually cause his last buyin was only $17.38 :P

So this was the beat i was talking about :

0,1/0,2 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:club: , 9:diamond:
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0,80, SB calls $0,70, BB raises to $3,20, Hero raises to $19,70 (All-In), SB folds, BB calls $16,50.

Flop: ($40,20) 3:heart: , 3:club: , 3:spade:
      Turn: ($40,20) J:club:
      River: ($40,20) A:diamond:

Final Pot: $40,20

Hero shows a full-house, threes full of nines (9c 9d)
      BB shows a full-house, aces full of threes (As Ac)

BB wins with a full-house, aces full of threes (As Ac)

Clearly a mistake. He loved 3 betting me but maybe he just had a good run of cards. This time i was up against a monster im afraid.

clearly a real upswing with 47.55BB/100hands. I guess i need some luck now after my -35BB/100hands + tilt session the other day at higher limits.