BRM on Deep Tables

• Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Hey guys, Full Tilt got these deep tables where you can buy in for 200BB, so let's say I play on these tables (NL100) buying in for $200, should the minimum bankroll required to play remain at $2000, or should I have a deeper bankroll too?
  • 6 replies
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      i would use at least 20 stacks(4k) . even if the blinds are the same you can lose 200 bb in one hand so you are practicaly playing nl200 with a blind discount . i am saying 20 bi because people stack a little harder with 200 bb at nl100 then with 100 bb at nl200 . for nl 200 i would use at least 30 bi (6k)
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      For full ring you need at least 20 BI for a regular table.
      Of course, it can't remain the same if you buy-in for 200$ but in my opinion 4k$ is a bit conservative - as you are likely to fold some hands with a 200 BB stack which you won't fold with 100 BB stack.
      Something in the range of 3000-3500$ should do it but your absolute minimum should be 15 200BB buy ins.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi Faye6891,

from my personal point of view I don't like playing with so less stacks, because I don't see myself moving down the limits I prefer a very conservative BRM of 50 stacks even full ring. With 20 stacks BRM you will definitely sometimes need to move down, I have seen down swings of 20 stacks and more. But when you have no problem with moving down, then 20 stacks should be ok, even when playing deep tables. I personally think the deep tables are even more fishy, I see 200BB stacks stacking off with an TPTK hand.

Best Regards

Ysessa
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I've also noticed that deep tables seem to be more fishy.

I saw this guy INSTA-call a 4-bet all-in for 200BB with KK against a player who was never involved in any pots. Well, there's was another guy who 3-bet my TT PF I just called, hit my set on the flop and stacked him (fortunately I was 185BB deep :D , he was deeper), the board was dry, I had position, so I just let him hang himself... but what really surprised me is that instead of showing me a high pair as I was expecting, he turned over pocket eights... no FD, no SD, no set, that's it, just a pair of eights. Those were the worse ones, but I've seen some other pretty stupid things beside these two.

So I was wandering If I should sit down already 200BB deep at the table, instead of buying in for 100B and playing deep after doubling up, that's why I asked about BRM.

I think I'll just follow Jesus advice on BRM, don't buy in for more than 5% of bankroll, and leave when the amount on the table is more than 10% of bankroll. It's safer this way.

I think a BRM of 50 stacks is a little too safe for me. :P And although moving down kinda sucks, I can do it if I have to. Luckly, only had to do it once though. :) But that wasn't a downswing, it was bad play, followed by tilt, followed by more bad play, followed by more tilt...... :D

Thx everyone for your replies!
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      wow, this sounds nice. I think I'll try some NL25 deep.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I go with Ysessa, my BRM is also 50 stacks and if someone asks me I advice to have at least 35 stacks for SH and 30 for FR. I don't like moving down and with my BRM I never had to.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar