This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

BRM on Deep Tables

• Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Hey guys, Full Tilt got these deep tables where you can buy in for 200BB, so let's say I play on these tables (NL100) buying in for $200, should the minimum bankroll required to play remain at $2000, or should I have a deeper bankroll too?
  • 6 replies
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      i would use at least 20 stacks(4k) . even if the blinds are the same you can lose 200 bb in one hand so you are practicaly playing nl200 with a blind discount . i am saying 20 bi because people stack a little harder with 200 bb at nl100 then with 100 bb at nl200 . for nl 200 i would use at least 30 bi (6k)
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      For full ring you need at least 20 BI for a regular table.
      Of course, it can't remain the same if you buy-in for 200$ but in my opinion 4k$ is a bit conservative - as you are likely to fold some hands with a 200 BB stack which you won't fold with 100 BB stack.
      Something in the range of 3000-3500$ should do it but your absolute minimum should be 15 200BB buy ins.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi Faye6891,

from my personal point of view I don't like playing with so less stacks, because I don't see myself moving down the limits I prefer a very conservative BRM of 50 stacks even full ring. With 20 stacks BRM you will definitely sometimes need to move down, I have seen down swings of 20 stacks and more. But when you have no problem with moving down, then 20 stacks should be ok, even when playing deep tables. I personally think the deep tables are even more fishy, I see 200BB stacks stacking off with an TPTK hand.

Best Regards

Ysessa
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I've also noticed that deep tables seem to be more fishy.

I saw this guy INSTA-call a 4-bet all-in for 200BB with KK against a player who was never involved in any pots. Well, there's was another guy who 3-bet my TT PF I just called, hit my set on the flop and stacked him (fortunately I was 185BB deep :D , he was deeper), the board was dry, I had position, so I just let him hang himself... but what really surprised me is that instead of showing me a high pair as I was expecting, he turned over pocket eights... no FD, no SD, no set, that's it, just a pair of eights. Those were the worse ones, but I've seen some other pretty stupid things beside these two.

So I was wandering If I should sit down already 200BB deep at the table, instead of buying in for 100B and playing deep after doubling up, that's why I asked about BRM.

I think I'll just follow Jesus advice on BRM, don't buy in for more than 5% of bankroll, and leave when the amount on the table is more than 10% of bankroll. It's safer this way.

I think a BRM of 50 stacks is a little too safe for me. :P And although moving down kinda sucks, I can do it if I have to. Luckly, only had to do it once though. :) But that wasn't a downswing, it was bad play, followed by tilt, followed by more bad play, followed by more tilt...... :D

Thx everyone for your replies!
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      wow, this sounds nice. I think I'll try some NL25 deep.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I go with Ysessa, my BRM is also 50 stacks and if someone asks me I advice to have at least 35 stacks for SH and 30 for FR. I don't like moving down and with my BRM I never had to.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar