Need help

• 7 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey BeSmartNow,

Looks like one of the questions to our Quiz ? :)

There should be a Link to any material than can advise you on the question you're on.

If not, this article should be the right one, be sure to study and choose wisely ;)

How to Play Before the Flop

Best of luck!
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Hi BeSmartNow :)

this question is a bit vague and is best answered with the obvious "it depends". but i'll try to elaborate. it depends on...
      - whether you are playing fullring or shorthanded
      - whether you are playing tournaments or cash games
      - whether you are playing with ~20bb, ~40bb, or ~100bb stacks
      - whether you are a beginner with relatively little experience
      - who the player is and how he plays postflop
      - who the players are behind and how likely they are to call, raise or fold, and then how they play postflop.

so as you can see it's really complicated question. since it seems like you are a beginner and trying to grasp general ABC play i would say folding is definitely not a mistake. it might seem tight and nitty, but by folding you will avoid making bigger mistakes postflop.

some reasons to riase (isolate) would be:
      - villain limp/folds a lot
      - villain will limp/call but then play fit/fold postflop
      - villain will also call us down with worse Qx and worse Jx hands
      - we are unlikely to get reraised by somebody behind us
      - we are unlikely to get a lot of cold calls from people behind us.

generally, isolating is a profitable play but we have to pick our spots carefully and most of all we have to know exactly why we are doing it and where our profit comes from.

also, calling shouldn't be an option for us in this situation because we allow other players to raise us and put pressure on us, and also if we call we will most likely to hit a hand to win the pot. instead, when we raise we can also take the pot away without hitting by cbet bluffing and representing strength.

this probably won't help you too much if you are just looking to answer a question in the quiz, but hopefully it will help you to see the sorts of things we need to be constantly thinking about at the tables.

Lewis.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you guys :)

Are you happy with those answers BeSmartNow?
    • Lazar2209
      Lazar2209
      Bronze
      Hi.
      Can anyone tell me for which tournament is this ticket on pokerstars?

• mihaneon
      mihaneon
      Bronze
      hi i need some help to ;)
      ok iknow the basic of position, pre flop play, flop play,.... i mostly play 6max sng....im wondering to to focus on HU.. .but i wanna get opinion from same bether players if this is good choice.... or is bether to stay at 6max.....sorry for my poor english :) ....

ty for help
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazar2209
      Hi.
      Can anyone tell me for which tournament is this ticket on pokerstars?

Hey there Lazar2209,

You can start your own thread - don't be shy if your asking something different from the original post ;)

We recently held a SCOOP depostiors freeroll at PokerStars so if you made a deposit during the time-frame specified on your tracked PokerStars account you recieved a ticket to our SCOOP depositors freeroll.

Unfortunately, this freeroll was played last Saturday, so you've missed out. However, as you can see, your ticket does not expire until Jan 2016 so you have plenty of time to use that ticket if/when we run another freeroll.

You should keep a constant look at our news section for future promotions and freerolls.

Best regards,
      Gary
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mihaneon
      hi i need some help to ;)
      ok iknow the basic of position, pre flop play, flop play,.... i mostly play 6max sng....im wondering to to focus on HU.. .but i wanna get opinion from same bether players if this is good choice.... or is bether to stay at 6max.....sorry for my poor english :) ....

ty for help
      Hey mihaneon,

Best thing to do is to post in our SNG discussion board any questions that you may have :)

In any case you should read over every SNG article that's available to you and try and cement this strategy as much as possible :)

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sng/#silver