[NL2-NL10] NL10 freeplay

• Werkon
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:heart: , Q:heart:
      3 folds, CO calls $0,10, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,25) Q:spade: , 3:diamond: , K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($0,25) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,15, CO calls $0,15.

River: ($0,55) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,30, CO raises to $1,75, Hero raises to $2,23 (All-In), CO calls $0,48.

Final Pot: $5,01

What do you think of my turn & river bets ? How would you generally play these hands when you have trash and suddenly hit trips or two-pair ?
  • 3 replies
    • DeKuip
      When you play HU in an unraised pot, I prefer to make potsized (or close to potsized) bets. Not only to protect your hand, but also to make the pot a bit bigger.

On the river it's pretty hard to make the good decision here. It would be nasty if he's holding the flush here. So maybe you should just play check/call on the river. But that also doesn't feel right for some reason....
      But I don't know what else he might have here......
      He could be holding a Q as well, which you'll basically lose then because of your kicker. Slowplayed King would be unlikely, busted straight draw also unlikey. Pocket 4's make no sense because he calls the turn. Slowplayed full house with pocket 3's, possibly.
      I think you're beat here, I just can't think of an hand that you can beat which he'll play like this.

I wonder what the Judge will say about this. Probably something like "you can go broke with trips here", which is true but sometimes just doesn't feel right.

Edit: About your river bet, I would just bet like $0.40-$0.45, instead of 1/2potsized.
      His raise on the river definitely puts you all-in. That's the reason I don't think he's capable of bluffing here. Of course trips aren't a weak holding, but with the third flush card I sense a flush here.

You didn't invest much money in this pot, so I guess folding is still possible.
    • veriz
      I agree with DeKuip, potsize bet after turn and after turn it's really hard choice but I would go all-in.