Coaching: Fixed Limit [Advanced] with Boomer2k10

• Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Hi guys

As announced tonight I will be taking over from Datsmahname from next week

I'd like to thank Nathan for all his support and work during his time at Pokerstrategy and wish him the best in the future

This is for any feedback and topic suggestions you guys may have so go nuts :f_biggrin:
  • 156 replies
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      I have posted 4 hands in the Hand evaluation section from tonight as "homeworks" for next week

Let's get some good answers :)

Homegame Hand 1: River on Double Paired Board
      Homegame Hand 2: Top Pair Medium Kicker 3-bet on Turn
      Homegame Hand 3: Straight Gone Bad?
      Homegame Hand 4: Does a Split Range Mean We now have to Peel
      Bronze
      homework eh :P will get right on it.
    • Sendrafreak
      Sendrafreak
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Boomer2k10
      Hi guys

As announced tonight I will be taking over from Datsmahname from next week

I'd like to thank Nathan for all his support and work during his time at Pokerstrategy and wish him the best in the future
      Hi Boomer,

maybe it was published somewhere, but I coudn't find it, so I ask it here: Why did "The Wise" quit the job as a coach? I ask because I can't imagine it was due to technical skills, which I think were (and still are obviously) on quite a high level.
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      I believe dats simply wished to move on and focus more on his own game along with the fact that he believed he'd passed on the information he wanted to and anything further would have been going through the motions for the sake of it.

I do not want to put words in his mouth though and he can feel free to correct me but those I believe were the front-running reasons
    • gersiL
      gersiL
      Bronze
      looking forward to your kouching :s_love:
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Hi Guys

Just a reminder the coaching starts at 22:00CET tonight

We'll be looking at the 2nd half of the homegame and showing off mistakes I believe some of the guys at micros can make which, more that likely, higher stakes guys will not make

Thanks, Boomer
      Bronze
      yay lets hope i can stay awake until then :D can't wait !
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Plan for this week is to play some live 0.25c/0.50c and respond to questions from the chat

I'm going to focus a lot on my basic overall gameplan before diving into where I intend to exploit my opponents and what errors I can see being made

For a future coaching I'd like some interesting spots to potentially do Hand Evaluation Analysis on, so any interesting spots (particularly turn spots) please feel free to post here and we can go through them
    • pjerter
      pjerter
      Gold
      Hello Boomer

i have a question

when i play a hand like AA KK QQ JJ TT AKs Aqs AK AQ AJ and the flop comes
      And you dont hit anything whats the correct play
      ok one bet after the flop turn card comes still nothing
      on the microstakes everybody calles whit everything i bet flop i bet turn i bet river they call call call and i loose against a pair of 3 or other sjit

whats the best play bet flop after that not improoving muck the hand
      Reads on these stakes is realy a lot of work some people play 94% vpip ?(

some good advice is welcom

sorry for the english
      Bronze
      I usually treat it as a bet flop bet turn and check river standard line. and depending on the board and the player i sometimes call and sometimes fold. you cant do anything about them calling your 3bet preflop with 73o and hit bottom pair and calling all streets. in these situations you simply just cant do anything about it. just be happy they do it because thats a bad play to cold call 3b with 73 .. you will plenty of times hit an ace or King and get 3 streets of value to call it a profitable hand ( winning more money than losing it overall)
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Hey Guys

I thought that I'd start a topic for next week's coaching as I don't really want the coaching just to be a sweat session all the time so I feel like it'd be good to have a few thigns that are relevant to you guys so here we go:

Plan for Coaching - 18/06/2013 - 22:00CET

1) Avataren Skyped me regarding a couple of hands, mainly AT calldowns, that may appear a bit light but I maintain are pretty much necessary so I will do a combo analysis to show where we are in our range and why we shouldn't be folding this hand

2) pjerter's question I didn't get around to so I will answer it is fully as possible this week analysing some situations which are all too common to the LHE player

Awaiting some others (not that I couldn't go on for 2 hours on how to play A-High when you've missed but... :) )

( 3) will Boomer ever be able to nail a thin value bet without owning himself? :f_confused: :f_confused: )
    • pjerter
      pjerter
      Gold
      Some information about

Top pair weak kicker or worse

In my database holdemanager i found out that i played

22.750 top pair weak kicker or worse weak/no draw net won usd -687.15

I think this a huge leak for me

every information about it is welcome
      Bronze
      that is including your air / bluffs. so its not surprising its in minus.
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Yup

Non-SD winnings in LHE 6-max+ will pretyt much always be negative, that's just the nature of the game, you often can't give your opponents bad enough odds to fold so the huge bluffs you see in NL don't work

Consequently we value bet thinner as well, it's just that the odds are there.

Remember when we call down we're not expecting to win >50% of the time, often we call down becasue we only need to win 25% of the time.
    • gersiL
      gersiL
      Bronze

Awaiting some others (not that I couldn't go on for 2 hours on how to play A-High when you've missed but... :) )

will be nice if you spend some time how to play K-hi vs wide x-r vet flop withnout redraw (i find myself fold lot :f_confused: )
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gersiL

will be nice if you spend some time how to play K-hi vs wide x-r vet flop withnout redraw (i find myself fold lot :f_confused: )
      Sadly that's probably correct on the vast majority of boards, K-high sucks in LHE :D

I can certainly go into specific examples and how to examine our ranges to make sure we're not over-folding, but it'll probably end up in the standard arguement where according to balance theories we should probably peel the vast majority of our K-Highs but just logically almost nothing good can come of it
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Thanks very much to everyone who turned up tonight, I know it was a bit of a math's lesson but hopefully everyone got a lot out of it

Next week is gonna be some HUHU action (be it reviews from SNGs or live I haven't deceided but either way it'll be HUHU)

I will turn ed the camera on the homegame group at 20:00CET on 27/06/2013 for our monthly homegame so put that in your diaries :f_biggrin:
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      REALLY BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

OK with that said this week's coaching will be on Heads Up play but the boss himself madorjan will be joining me becasue we'll be going over a session I played vs him earlier in the year

Now maddy and myself have spent 6 hours today playing Crusader Kings II, and maddy's backstabbed me twice already, tried to assassinate both my sons and poisoned my wine...that horse in his court is a genius!!

So just imagine what he's like at HUHU Limit Hold'em :D

Find out tomorrow at 22:00CET
      Bronze
      lol