This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

river valuejam

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      just a simple question, happened to me a lot for the last few days

what is your river value range in these spots?:
      you are otb, 3bet MP/CO who calls

flop: J22r
      turn: 8o
      river Ao

you bet ~2/3 pot on both streets, have about 2/3-3/4 jam on the river

aside for ofc jamming JJ/AA/AJ, how wide would you jam here vs an unknown?

pretty much asking about these 3 hands....

KK/QQ/KJ

kk/qq fall into the exact same category, KJ is a little weaker cause i guess some players would sometimes just call QQ vs 3b oop some of the time...

QJ is ultra thin so im not even considering it

would you jam these 3 hands for value? is it very thin?

or would you just like always c back these hands here?
      i found out i make very thin vbets on nl20/50 and i just valueown myself all day long

thanks
  • 4 replies
    • double2
      double2
      Bronze
      I think it mostly depends on if villains calls the 3bets with KK/AA.

I'm shipping KK for sure, all Ax I might 3bet as bluff ofc. I think QQ is a shove too. KJ gets kinda close, villain has to call with a hand like 99-TT which maybe a bit optimistic on our part. I villain call pre flop KK+ I think it's deff a check.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Do you have QQ/QJ/JJ/KJ in your 3b range v mp?
    • VaskataBuci
      VaskataBuci
      Bronze

KK/QQ/KJ

kk/qq fall into the exact same category, KJ is a little weaker cause i guess some players would sometimes just call QQ vs 3b oop some of the time...

QJ is ultra thin so im not even considering it

Definitely not for value. I don't think there are many players that will call 3 streets with 99-TT type of hands, even QQ is in doubt.
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Silver
      i think one of the issues here is that 99/TT likely does not make it to the river, and if it does, is not calling once the A drops.

i think a lot of villain's ranges at NL50 and below (especially if they aren't good regs) will have a decent amount of AJ by the time it gets to the river.

as a standard, i would check back QQ/KK in this spot, as it is tough to see many hands that will check/call us here that we beat.