[NL20-NL50] NL50: 55, 2 barrels OOP, river action?

• Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      $0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
      6 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($53.28)
      Hero ($56.30)
      CO ($50.00)24/18/3 on 180 hands, call cbet: 66%
      BTN ($25.73)
      SB ($56.54)
      BB ($42.02)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 :5h: :5d:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $2, CO calls $2, 3 folds

Flop: :9c: :3s: :3h: ($4.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $3.30, CO calls $3.30

Turn: A: ($11.35, 2 players)
      Hero bets $7, CO calls $7

River: T: ($25.35, 2 players)
      Hero ?

Ok villian likes to call cbets a lot, thats why I second barrel on the turn.

What to do on river? + argumentation please.
  • 4 replies
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      I give up here, no draws or anything like that so I think he has a 9 or PP, the A obv didn't scare him so he might even have a 3
      there aren't a lot of PP you beat also so...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If villain called your c-bet on the turn, then it is likely that he holds Ax which he float you on the flop. I'd also give up my hand on the river, you might be ahead against KcJc or KcQc and a lot of times you get a free showdown.
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      If villain called your c-bet on the turn, then it is likely that he holds Ax which he float you on the flop. I'd also give up my hand on the river, you might be ahead against KcJc or KcQc and a lot of times you get a free showdown.
      If we can check out the hand I only win vs the 2 hands you mentioned, which are very unlikely, so basically I'll never win at a showdown.

A 3rd barrel from my side (remember I opened from MP position) should give me some credibility for AK/AQ or even a 99/aa set.

We know he likes to call flop cbets a lot: so his range at flop: 9x , pairs, overcards, + some random crap.

He calls cbet on turn on which he knows is a perfect 2nd barrel card for me: range: 9x, Ax, and some suited :club: cards. A set/trips is unlikely after his 2nd call on a drawwy board seen his 3 AF.

A river bet from my side shows pretty much strenght no? He'll have a hard decision holding Ax and he will defenately have to fold his 9x now as that will only beat a complete bluff.

So I have almost NONE showdownvalue (maybe 5% vs KJ/KQ :club:) , I have to bet to pick up the pot right? So what amount to bet?
      Betting small (1/3 pot) to like it look like a small valuebet, but creating almost no fold equity (reverse thinking?) ?
      Betting (50-60% pot) valuebet creating more fold equity?
      Or betting 75-80% to like it look like a big valuebet, creating a lot of foldequity?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      To my experience: if he calls turn, he is going to call river.
      If you want to have fold equity, then make it 18$, that gives you enough fold equity without risking too much.
      If you're making 1/2 potsize or less third barrel, you're get called always always (unless he has flushdraw)