This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

hey guys new member here

• gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      well i joined poker strategy a few months ago but forgot about it with things going on so i only got my $50 a couple of weeks ago, i've joined Titan and intended to follow the bms but faied miserably, to start with i went in 0.10/0.20 cash tables and played about $50 rake in total but my bankroll kept raising and falling so by the time i finished i still ad $50 so i went downhill and started going in big tournaments and sng's with $10-$32 buy in when i only had $50. I had some good games and some bad and now have a little more than $22 so starting a fresh and i am going to make sure i stick to the bms now.

I have been playing poker in total for about 9 months, i started on play tables and then freerolls before eventually depoiting on pokerstars, i started off well but then ended up losing and getting addicted and depositing and losing around $400. I took a break for a month or 2 and then started playing full tilt where i believe i became a better player, i lost some but then started to improve and began to win, i mainly played satalites and then unregistering and keeping the tournament $, in total i gained about $1000 only $250 of which saw my bank account, the rest of which i went in bigger satelites and playing 3 or 4 at a time and soon lost it all. (I mostly played $75 satelites).

After this i stopped playing yet again and concentrated on work until the bug came back and so i started playing in freerolls and concentrating more on reading opponents more than what i have in front of me, that's when i discovered ps and hopefully here is where i will improve my game. I will post my hands and read the articles and things and hopefully learn a lot from other members along the way.
  • 7 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Bankroll management really is the most important thing you can learn, and it should be the first. Even the best players in the world have upswings and downswings - sometimes you win ten games in a row, sometimes you lose ten in a row. If you start taking $10 to the tables when you only have $100 to play with, you are toast. It is also highly unlikely you became a better player just by playing - to improve you really need to study some strategy. Many people dont do this and mistake a run of good luck for improvement in their game.
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      i was going to copy my stats from elephant onto here to see how i am doing and where i am going wrong, i saved all of the tables but don't know how to add them to my post, could you tell me how to copy this information into this forum
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      i found out how to put my stats on now, these are only a limited number of stats as i sometimes play poker on the pc and sometimes on the laptop, these are on the laptop as elephant does not work on the pc, i no this is a very very limited number of hands but how does it look? is there anything that i am obviously doing wrong or anything? ur feedback is much appreciated

• gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      Ths is an update of my last one showing just my account for what i have done today, could you please tell me if these figures are good and if i am doing anything wrong? thankyou.

• gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze

i understand that this is a very very small sample size
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      I am quite new myself, this needs assessed by somebody with more experience than me - but my initial thoughts are that your VP$IP is insanely high, you should be folding a lot more preflop. Your stats in various positions too are almost identical, play less hands from early position than from late.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello gaz639,

It is always hard to give a good analysis over a small sample size since the results could very well be skewed due to the hands you were getting. In your first screenshot for example you were playing 62% of your hands and raising 47% of them - this is a huge amount especially if you are playing full-ring SSS. In the larger sample you have a VPIP of 22,5 and a PFR of 12,7 which is much less - but still way too high for SSS and even BSS.

If you are playing SSS you are playing much too loose, and limping too many hands. I would suggest you post a bigger sample hand stats picture in the discussion section: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1375 and include whether they are SH or FR stats, and whether you are playing SSS or with a big stack.

Best regards
      SoyCD