Raising range on the button

• Michael2345
      Michael2345
      Basic
      Hi, what hands should you be opening on the button in micro stakes sng's? I find that playing ace rags can hurt your stack a lot since many players do not give up so easily and same goes with suited connectors. Should these hands not be played or are they more suitable for higher limits in these spots?

Also, just wondering how some of the coaches on here made a lot of money playing poker for example how many games did they play at a time and just certain tips for others to follow suit. Will I need to get holdem manager 2 to play at the higher limits? If so is there a video out there that explains how I can use it for sng's or could you please post what I'd need to do.

Thanks for your time.
  • 2 replies
    • Michael2345
      Michael2345
      Basic
      Oh I forgot to ask this as well. If someone has a very wide stealing range from the sb for example. How should I determine which hands to reraise all in with since flatting a lot usually puts you at a disadvantage since you kinda have to play fit or fold which can hurt your stack.
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Hey there!
      If you visit here http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sng/2024/1/
      There will be some articles for you to read, it will have some basic open raising charts, and when you get more comfortable you can widen it out a bit. It really depends on you, and the stage of play you are in.

For stats and huds, there is a video in the NL Hold 'em beginners course that goes over them quite well, you can find that here:http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/nl-beginners-course/1996/1/

In terms of tables, that is very person dependent on the types of games you are playing and how new you are. I would suggest just starting out with one under you can get a feel for things, and expand out as you get comfortable.

In terms of money, there are some very seasoned coaches here who make a living off SnGs, but that takes a lot of time and experience.

Good luck with everything!