Golden Sit & Go's: $1 million to be won from June 17 - 23

• MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze

The streets of the Road to 100 Billion are paved with gold, and this time Sit & Go players are joining in the action! At least $1 million will be awarded from June 17 - 23, but it could be more - you know PokerStars.

How do I take part?

All you have to do is play your regular Sit & Go games, but if you're lucky then when all players are sat you will see your table change to a Golden SNG.

There are three levels of Golden SNG:

• Double prize pool + two buy-ins per player
      • Quadruple prize pool + four buy-ins per player
      • 10x prize pool + 10 buy-ins per player

Please Note: All standard real money Sit & Go’s are eligible, including Heads-Up, 6-Max, multi-table and Hyper-Turbos. Satellite and Steps are ineligible for this promotion. The likelihood of a Sit & Go being selected is based on the rake element of the tournament buy-in, so there is no advantage to playing any particular Sit & Go. All Golden Sit & Go prizes will be paid out upon elimination from the tournament.

PokerStars' terms and conditions apply to this promotion and may be changed at any time.

If you do not have a PokerStars account yet, take advantage of our first deposit bonus and click here to create one.
  • 25 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Pretty damn awesome PokerStars!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      I have been having a break from grinding, but from the 17th I'll start again. Look out $1 45 manners, here I come. :D
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Silver
      Originally posted by MJPerry
      The likelihood of a Sit & Go being selected is based on the rake element of the tournament buy-in, so there is no advantage to playing any particular Sit & Go.
      Probably means something really simple that im missing but what exactly does this mean? What's the likelihood of a particular SnG being chosen?
    • klompa
      klompa
      Platinum
      Originally posted by DannyG13
      The likelihood of a Sit & Go being selected is based on the rake element of the tournament buy-in, so there is no advantage to playing any particular Sit & Go.
      Probably means something really simple that im missing but what exactly does this mean? What's the likelihood of a particular SnG being chosen?
      The whole thing is a bit unclear. This sentence is puzzling me also.
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      I think it means the lower the rake compared to the buyin the less likely the sng is to be chosen, so for example hyper turbos will be selected far less often than regular speed sngs (which makes sense)
    • forbrydelsen
      forbrydelsen
      Bronze
      Do I take the meaning of regular SNG to mean any SNG played usually on pokerstars including Fifty50 or are these excluded ??
    • MikesekCZE
      MikesekCZE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by forbrydelsen
      Do I take the meaning of regular SNG to mean any SNG played usually on pokerstars including Fifty50 or are these excluded ??
      "All standard real money Sit & Go’s are eligible, including Heads-Up, 6-Max, multi-table and Hyper-Turbos. Satellite and Steps are ineligible for this promotion."

Well they don't mention them but I would say there is no reason for them NOT to be ineligible ;-)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      I think you should clarify with Pokerstars support rather than assuming anything. We would not like any disappointments :)
    • alphabeat
      alphabeat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jan217
      I think it means the lower the rake compared to the buyin the less likely the sng is to be chosen, so for example hyper turbos will be selected far less often than regular speed sngs (which makes sense)
      Aye, another place on stars says "The likelihood of a Sit & Go being selected is directly proportional to the rake percentage of the tournament buy-in. For example: a regular speed $7 Sit & Go ($0.63 entry fee) is approximately 2.1x more likely to be a Golden Sit & Go than the Hyper-Turbo equivalent ($0.30 entry fee)."

So I suppose the most likely tables are the micro normal speed games. Looking fwd to the promo!
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Are there any ICM considerations when all of sudden you're playing for 10 times the prize pool? Bubble factor increase? I think people will play tighter when there's that much more money at stake.
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      ICM won't change as price structure stays same. Obviously bigger prices might make some to play as "scared money"
    • Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      I believe everyone participating gets the money. :)

Saw one tournament. :) Everyone get their buy-in doubled as a refund, and the prizes too were doubled. :P

The only thing is... that one tournament was in a list of more than 100 tournaments that did not get selected. :P
    • klompa
      klompa
      Platinum
      Originally posted by Styr
      I believe everyone participating gets the money. :)

Saw one tournament. :) Everyone get their buy-in doubled as a refund, and the prizes too were doubled. :P

The only thing is... that one tournament was in a list of more than 100 tournaments that did not get selected. :P
      Yeah,everyone gets the money.When you open the lobby you can see everything. There were like 35 of them in the last 2 hours or so.
      I've hit the double prized one,finished 2nd.Always nice to get some extra cash :)
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze

Got lucky today :D Buyin was $3.50.

I got 4x my buyin back and 4x the prizepool.

I think its either 2x,4x or 10x. 10x is pretty sick
    • martinstids
      martinstids
      Bronze
      any confirmed info about fifty50?
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by martinstids
      Yes I saw a 5050 being a golden sng.
    • martinstids
      martinstids
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tommygecko
      Originally posted by martinstids
      Yes I saw a 5050 being a golden sng.
      Thank you for info :)
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      All SnG's that qualify also have a Golden "?" next to them ;)
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ThatGuyMatt
      All SnG's that qualify also have a Golden "?" next to them ;)
      That is false:

Please Note: All standard real money Sit & Go’s are eligible, including Heads-Up, 6-Max, multi-table and Hyper-Turbos. Satellite and Steps are ineligible for this promotion. The likelihood of a Sit & Go being selected is directly proportional to the rake percentage of the tournament buy-in. For example: a regular speed $7 Sit & Go ($0.63 entry fee) is approximately 2.1x more likely to be a Golden Sit & Go than the Hyper-Turbo equivalent ($0.30 entry fee). All Golden Sit & Go prizes will be paid out upon elimination from the tournament. In rebuy Sit & Go’s only the original buy-in is used to calculate prize money, i.e. rebuys and add-ons are not included.

From http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/100-billion-celebration/golden/