1st video

• opal99
      opal99
      Black
      I decided to record short session, but forgot to stop it so now it's longer than 1 hour :(

Don't think someone is going to spend so much time with it, but it would be great if you could take a look at it for at least 15 mins (doesnt matter what part) ;)

Thanks very much

(253 MB file)

// I don't think I played it bad even I lost 74 BBs, but i know about some mistakes I did (like c/r turn with only 2nd pair while being happy with nut-straight etc.). Overall it was very bad session, because I lost confidence again and I'm down $1000 on this limit... again..

//// After reviewing few mins I think I played it bad with many mistakes :rolleyes:
  • 12 replies
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      What limit?
      with audio?
      How many tables?
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      it's 3/6 SH
      4 tables
      and no f* sound because Camtasia & CamStudio don't like my sound card driver

that's why it's probably not worth time :(

Anyways, I'd thankful for every comment (like I said before: 15mins is the max anyone can watch), if there's someone going to download it...

EDIT: next video will be with comments, but I have no idea when I'll be able to record it :(
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      It is hard to me comment your play, cause i play .25/.5 FR, but i like your table selection -- so much fish with high VP and low FA...

One more note -- it is very hard to follow game if you dont see mouse cursor.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by harleytopper
      One more note -- it is very hard to follow game if you dont see mouse cursor.
      i'm total fish with such software so I didn't even realize it's not there.. Sorry for that
      I'll record another one soon and really hope it'll be with sound & coursor, shorter and better played
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I just watched 22 minutes but closed the browser before posting (with all comments which took around 30 minutes).
      Nearly 1h work into the trash. Thank you Opera.... :/

UL = Upper Left
      UR = Upper Right
      BL = Bottom Left
      BR = Bottom Right

Day 1:

2:00, UL: Don't raise the flop. He capped preflop and so the pot is big, his range tighter and so he won't fold a better hands nor does he often have a worse. Just call and reevaluate on the turn. I would probably fold the turn unimproved as you don't beat much.

You might read these articles as I saw these raises a few times (I won't list them again anymore as they are nearly all the same.):
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/fixed-limit/1164/
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/fixed-limit/1049/
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/fixed-limit/100/

I have no motivation to rewrite everything today. Sorry for that I will do it later again. :/
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      thank you ciRith, thanks very much

I know I made many mistakes, that's why I decided to re-read all FL articles again (after quite a long time)... This session was one of the worst as I often simply didn't know what to do - it was caused by very low seff-confidence & mental block (I just can't get familiar with this limit.. don't know why :( )
    • danielasso
      danielasso
      Bronze
      I've downloaded this video.

Ty. But I don't like videos without audio X(

You need explanation from someone about this software.
      I use CamStudio to make video
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      thank you ciRith, thanks very much

I know I made many mistakes, that's why I decided to re-read all FL articles again (after quite a long time)... This session was one of the worst as I often simply didn't know what to do - it was caused by very low seff-confidence & mental block (I just can't get familiar with this limit.. don't know why :( )
      This video has more value than any video in which you played well. I don't want to see a video without mistakes (as in this I want to learn something ^^).
      I have to admit that I noticed really some leaks but they are very easy to fix so this should help you a lot. I will start reviewing it again and maybe a little futher. :)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by ciRith
      This video has more value than any video in which you played well. I don't want to see a video without mistakes (as in this I want to learn something ^^).
      Let's record your own video too! I'm sure we can find dozens of players here who would be (at least) happy to see your comments during the session; and I'm the 1st one to download and watch it :)

I have to admit that I noticed really some leaks but they are very easy to fix so this should help you a lot. I will start reviewing it again and maybe a little futher. :)
      the more you find the better for me / I believe so.. I decided to stop playing for few days and will wait for your reviews; there're tons of articles I should reread few times again :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Day 2:

5:00, UR: Same as at 2:00.

6:00, UR: You call the turn against the odds. You have just a gutshot in a 3-way pot. You are in the middle of them and you get just 7:1. Sure wth implied odds it is callable but not necessary.

6:30, UR: You raise Q7o against a SB complete. I don't do this against callingstation where you need to improve to win. (Sure sometimes it works and if he really folds often enough it's ok to do so.)

6:40, BL: Here you could raise the flop as he has to fold a lot better hands on the turn or river. You also have a few outs to improve. If you get 3-bet you can even cap for a freecard.
      As played you should cap the turn. You are nearly alwayss ahead and you gain the same if not more as if you wait for the river to raise. Additionally there might come some bad cards on which you don't want to raise anymore but where you would have been still ahead of him.

7:00, UL: Same as 2:00. You seem to get check/raisewd on the turn after raising the flop very often. Seems like they exploit you already. Here he could have raised a few draws and just a straightdraw arrives so here you should see a showdown and take a note with what he is doing his check/raise.

12:45, UR: You are literally the preflopaggressor as the capper is allin. I bet out on the flop.

13:14, UL: I give this hand up on the turn. The flop was dry and the turn doesn't generate any fold equity if he had something better. He is able to play a pais this as seen earlier.

13:24, BL: 97s is a complete for me when getting 3,5:1. Especially against a passive BB.

14:14, BL: I isolate a 57/4 opponent with QTo on the BU.

16:30, UL: I like a 3-bet more with 99 as playing a 4-way pot is very difficult out of position. You have to give up many flops but with a coldcall there are even more. The call can't be for set value as you have to pay 5$ to in a 17$ pot.
      As played just give it up on the flop (or at least at the turn). The aggressor is very passive and won't bet a bluff into 3 opponents. (I may be influnced by the result here.)

22:24, UL: I don't like the turncap. Maybe you had a read on him but I wouldn't do this as default. His 3-bet shows a lot strength here.
      Well the result proove me wrong so if he is that aggressive it's ok.

23:40, UR: You are out of position so 3-bet the flop directly (I thought that before I saw that he checked behind). River is bet/call for me or bet/fold. Depends on how aggressive he is. Against unknown it's bet/call.

30:40, BL: I wouldn't check/raise the turn here. I like donk/call more as if he was on a draw you prevent him from taking a freecard. If he raised you then give up on the river else check7call to induce a bluff.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      6:30, UR: You raise Q7o against a SB complete. I don't do this against callingstation where you need to improve to win. (Sure sometimes it works and if he really folds often enough it's ok to do so.)
      he is not typical callingstation with 64/39/1.8 and"only" 39 WTS so I tried it. Just because of 64/39 stats - he must have almost nothing after his complete, because he would raise ~80% of all hands.. (according to approx-chart 137% ;) )

Can you suggest some lines to follow against SB open complete? I use to raise any hand with face card and better to have an initiative on the next street and bet any flop then / the only exception are guys with ultra-high WTS (eg 50%)

14:14, BL: I isolate a 57/4 opponent with QTo on the BU.
      BB has foldBB to stealraise only 15%.. Should I look at this or it's irrelevant in this situation?

16:30, UL: I like a 3-bet more with 99 as playing a 4-way pot is very difficult out of position. You have to give up many flops but with a coldcall there are even more. The call can't be for set value as you have to pay 5$ to in a 17$ pot.
      As played just give it up on the flop (or at least at the turn). The aggressor is very passive and won't bet a bluff into 3 opponents. (I may be influnced by the result here.)
      Why should I 3-bet preflop? The only reasonable opponent was aggressor, so he would call 1 more bet for sure and the rest were already in pot too + as you said OOP 4-way with nines I have to fold to raise on the flop with overcard/s what costs me 2 SB (same if it's capped pre-flop).
      And 2nd question: if I didn't fold on the flop, why should I fold turn? Nothing has changed as 8 is not bad card // But I agree it's easy fold on flop against aggressor + 2 callers :)

22:24, UL: I don't like the turncap. Maybe you had a read on him but I wouldn't do this as default. His 3-bet shows a lot strength here.
      Well the result proove me wrong so if he is that aggressive it's ok.
      It's not about results, right? ;)
      I did it for value because he had 13 PFR so it's not guy who raise wildly. The only hands that beat me are AA and 88: AA would cap pre-flop, 88 would cap flop so I put him on overpair (JJ I think as he didnt cap). + double c/r is too stupid move

23:40, UR: You are out of position so 3-bet the flop directly (I thought that before I saw that he checked behind). River is bet/call for me or bet/fold. Depends on how aggressive he is. Against unknown it's bet/call.
      I know it wasn't standard move, but I went for turn c/r because of Ace on the flop - he was almost unknown but very aggressive after 9 hands so I was quite sure he will bet any Ace again. 3rd :club: changed situation so I decided to c/c to SD..
      But what if I 3-bet flop and then will be raised on 3rd :club: ? I should call it, right? And then fold to 4th :club: ?

30:40, BL: I wouldn't check/raise the turn here. I like donk/call more as if he was on a draw you prevent him from taking a freecard. If he raised you then give up on the river else check7call to induce a bluff.
      :D This one was special, because I was SURE I have NUTS with straight :D

Thank you for all comments; there's nothing I can add to the rest as I must agree with every word. Don't want you to think that I don't agree with you sometimes, but I want to be sure it's clear to me ;)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      6:30, UR: I didn't mention his pfr. Should be fine in this case.
      As default I raise any ace and any king. Everything else has to be a bit connected (J9+, Q9+, etc).

14:14, BL: Are you sure that these stats are coorect? A TAG has only 33% which can't be correct in my opinion. (50-55% folded BB should be standard.) Anyhow you don't steal and hs VPIP is not that high so yes I would still isolate him here.

16:30, UL: They are easier to play with iniative and in a 3-way pot instead of 4-way. Your average equity should be better as well so it's even for value.
      Sure the turn changes a lot. A very passive oppoent still bets into 3 opponents. He might not have improved but it means that he really has a strong hand.

22:24, UL: You are right. I forgot the preflopaction when I was seeing the turncap. :)

23:40, UR: A check/raise is to risky on a 2-suited flop againsta nearlly unknown opponent. He might be aggressive but why shouldn't he raise a bluff or for a freecard here as well?
      I still like a direct 3-bet more.
      I agree about the 3rd and 4th :club: .

EDIT:

Day 3:

41:00, BL: You forgot the preflopaction right? ;)

47:00, UL: Why you bet the river with A-high against two? You are nearly never ahead and you don't have a lot fold equity with the paired K either. Just check/fold here.

47:45, UL: Well at least you balance it. :) I like a turnraise more (or a complete passive line) as you get more out of a draw and you can fold the river if he 3-bets the river too.
      A flopraise is ok. I'm just mentioning it as you do it quiet often. :)
      EDIT: I just see that the stats of him are wrong. I thought he was a TAG but he is a very big fish. In this case I like a turnraise much more as you don't have to fear a weird move but a standard play. ;) Additionally you can play for value where as you have to sometimes raise the flop to balance your freecard/semibluffs againsta TAG.

52:30, BR: Take a note about his flopraise. Could be very useful in the future. :)

52:30, UL: Missclick on the flop as you donkbet the turn. If you check the turn on purpose then raise it as well as you would hate a check behind on the turn. Slowplaying without any preflopaction and a passive opponent behind you is risky.

57:00, UL: The riverbet makes no sense to me. I doubt that you are often enough ahead and you won't get called by worse hands as well. A k ahead of you might be scared to bet because of the arrived flush. I just check/fold here against 3 opponents.
      Uhh you even called that raise. This might get you on tilt. Stop the session now. :)

58:15, BL: I don't like the 3-bet on the flop in position against a TAG. He probably knows that you wait for the turn to raise your good hands (well the fact that he check/raised you on the turn prooves me wrong again :/).
      The 3-bet is not tht bad as you have a lot equity even if you are behind and you can see a sheap showdown. You don't generate fold equity against a better hand and the turncard is intersting. It improves your hand but if you were ahead then it might have improved your opponent as well.
      I like the bet for a free showdown.
      So all in all not that bad but I like the call flop line more (again).

1:05:05, UL: RAise the flop. You shouldn't slowplay on a 2-suited flop.

1:07:20, UR: I don't like a coldcall here with 55. Either 3-bet or fold. As 55 is not strong enough to 3-bet here I like a fold. A call would be for set value but you get at most 4:1 with no guaratee that you have enough implied odds if you hit. At a normal blind structur the call becomes better as you get better odds.
      Well the flop actually is really good for you. Don't just call. Raise to get HU with the preflop aggressor.
      After his turnbet you play against a better pair for sure. Now it's better to just call for your outs and not to isolate yourself against the better hand.
      Lol this guy really bets the turn again with A-high. With that read your play on the turn is fine. Good fold. (Maybe you notice that I comment street by street. :) )

1:12:20, BL: ;)

1:13:14, BR: A4o is a isolation raise against a 48 VPIP fish. (A2o+)

Done. I hope I wasn't to rude at some parts.
      Feel free to comment it again as I'm for away from perfect. :)

EDIT2: I skipped trough it a bit so if there are any hands you have questions about please ask them. I won't remove the video in the next days. :)