BB: 133.3 BB
      UTG: 119.2 BB
      MP: 284.9 BB
      CO: 153.4 BB
      Hero (BTN): 255.9 BB
      SB: 100.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:heart: K:spade:

fold, MP raises to 2.5 BB, fold, Hero raises to 8 BB, fold, fold, MP raises to 21 BB, Hero calls 13 BB

Flop: (43.5 BB, 2 players) 5:spade: 8:diamond: 2:spade: MP bets 19 BB, Hero calls 19 BB

Turn%s: (81.5 BB, 2 players) K:club: MP bets 42 BB, Hero calls 42 BB

River%s: (165.5 BB, 2 players) 8:spade: MP bets 1 BB

Hi,

guy has reggish stats, no other reads/ history.

PF - I prefer to flat the 4bet this deep, to stay ahead of his range.

Flop - I chose to call with the Ks, dont think he has many draw outs on this board. I think his range is somethin like QQ+, AK, than bluffs like KQo broadways with blockers, AQ-AJ, Axs.

Pretty much the only FDs he can have are Axs, dont think hes 4betting suited BWays or SCs.

Turn - torn between calling and raising, his AK improved, but I block a lot of combos. he can still value bet QQ+, AK, but if I raise I am gonna shut down his QQ and bluffs.

On the other hand we are still fairly deep, if I just call theres gonna be pot sized bet left on the river.

If you like raising turn, what size?

As played, river sizing - just shove?

Thanks !
  • 4 replies
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      River i would just shove. He has more AA and Ak combos that are prob calling the river shove than hand combos that can bluffcatch a smaller bet
    • dozeer
      dozeer
      Bronze
      are you calling a shove on the river with AK ? theres nothing to bluff catch, I can hardly have any bluffs
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Silver
      i think i would still shove in this instance for a variety of reasons.

from villain's perspective, if he can hand read at all, will know that you dont have 22/55/88/8x here often/at all

i think all 22/55/88 would flat pre rather than 3bet so deep and run the risk of running into a higher set a decent amount if stacks go in.
      also, the only 8x you have is like 98s/87s/maybe T8s. since you then can only have 8xcc/hh, you dont make it to river with them, and you likely wouldnt shove bare 8x.

so in this spot, in villain's eyes, you will not have fullhouses ever apart from KK. and he can possibly discount some combos as you may sometimes 5bet pre.

so in this spot we can still have quite a few flushes, A3ss/A4ss/AJss/ATss/AQss etc, as well as some other suited connectors like J9ss/JTss/T9ss etc.

villain in this spot can have A3ss/A4ss/AJss/AQss/AA and sometimes will decide to 4bet bluff suited connectors (sometimes) that are 8x here, as well as other flushes like QJss/JTss/etc.

anyways,
      because we dont often have a fullhouse, villain can still have a decent amount of flushes, and the fact that he bets river for 1 bb seems like a possible induce attempt vs hero.

i think if we are bluffing we are almost always shoving 174bb on river rather than making it anything less.

therefore for those reasons i just ship it in and hope villain has a flush or levels himself into calling with AA/AK.

ps: sorry for wall of text
    • dozeer
      dozeer
      Bronze
      ^ I thought the 1bb river bet is more likely a check (or some kind of block bet), but if "reg" can do it in this spot with flush to induce than I like shoving more.

I just perceived the minbet more or less like if he'd check - means hes repping weaker / showdown happy range weighted towards AA,AK..