Stake give-away!!!

• TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze

Due to the fact that one of my team mates, Chiller3k, can't play tonight I am looking for substitute. That means: I give away one staking-deal + seat in my team for the battle of the donkeys for today. This stake is for the 100k guaranteed on PokerStars.

What you have to do:

Just post in this thread and give me a reason why you should play in my team. I'll choose one of you who gets the staking deal.

TribunCaesar
  • 19 replies
    • NiekamNeidomu
      NiekamNeidomu
      Bronze
      Does Soy for dinner tastes good? o.o?
    • hova
      hova
      Bronze
      Becuz me likes to make $$$, stupid question imo :D
    • fostieh
      fostieh
      Bronze
      Well, I could'nt decide between the 2 most obvious options, first being sucking up to you, and the 2nd telling you how good I am at poker etc, so I guess I'll refrain from those and give option nr. 3 a shot...

I'm a fairly new player, probably not even 50k hands lifetime, and new to PokerStrategy as well, but since I got to know about BOTD I've played two of them and had great fun checking out how others were doing, reading the hands they post and listening to the online radio provided by Remmetje. First time, I was surprised with myself and ended somewhere around 6000th place, 2nd time I was doing even better but got sucked out (somewhat my own fault as well I guess). Been trying to get a stake in order to prove myself and hopefully get into an admin team the week afterwards, but had no luck this week so I'm trying this.

Hope to be in your team and experience what it's like, cheering and helping out eachother (on skype/TS/IRC/... ?), should be a hell of a lot of fun and a great learning opportunity.

Hopefully seeing you tonight then !
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      Hi Tribun,

It would be nice to get a chance to play. I've been an active member of this community, keeping a log, posting hands and commenting on hands for the past couple months. Before being active in pokerstrategy I had never been able to maintain a BR, but now I'm well on my way to pokerstardom ;)

I've never tried to get staked because I'm normally not available on sundays, but I am tonight!

*edit, I'd also love to have soy for dinner :D don't know if that helps my chances...lol

*edit, I just realized that the buy-in is 10$, so if I play I'll buy-in myself.
    • dumydumy
      dumydumy
      Bronze
      Hello,i want play but dont know how that going with that " battle of the donkeys!" because I new,but I play ok i think.Yesterday was 11 of 500 in mtt and 126 of 1600 in some wcoop turbo 20ftp buy in.
    • dumydumy
      dumydumy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dumydumy
      Hello,i want play but dont know how that going with that " battle of the donkeys!" because I new,but I play ok i think.Yesterday was 11 of 500 in mtt and 126 of 1600 in some wcoop turbo 20ftp buy in.
      I read all so now I know :) ..... :D ..now you can pick me:)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I want to play in your Team Tribun because of several reasons:

1] Your roommate Leo, made an inappropriate BoD Challenge in the Dutch Section, therefore I was excluded right-away, as far as I go: Germans > Dutchies who live in Spain

2] I want to exploit my LAG tactic more, as the 20k guaranteed is not really of a high level in the early stages, its still a higher skill level than $1 MTTs and stuff.

3] I was ITM before in the BoD and will do so next time by all means necessary (except cheating :D )
    • zepherox
      zepherox
      Bronze
      I would love to play in your BoD team.

I have been a member here for a while, and i really like this place.

I have played poker for about 3 years, and ive grown alot in the latest months, Ive cashed in alot of tours lately and im sure i can help your team win!

It would be an honor playing with you Tribun!
    • plaukas
      plaukas
      Bronze
      I watched all episodes of Rome.
    • bender834
      bender834
      Bronze
      since i have played th last 2 times, but got an quiet early suckout every time, i tihink i deserve 1 more shot
      A:spade: K:spade: Q:spade: J:spade: 10:spade:
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      I think i deserve a stake on botd due to the fact that in your thread 6000th post + stake give away! you clearly said "Just post in this thread. I will randomly choose one of you."
      so I was the only one who posted "I will randomly choose one of you." And didnt get a stake. :P
    • Flopper8
      Flopper8
      Silver
      Better rip off the horns n wipe Soy's Arse he's gettin a pounding tonight :D
      I need the stake cos I only have about $20 on p/stars :P
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fostieh
      Well, I could'nt decide between the 2 most obvious options, first being sucking up to you, and the 2nd telling you how good I am at poker etc, so I guess I'll refrain from those and give option nr. 3 a shot...

I'm a fairly new player, probably not even 50k hands lifetime, and new to PokerStrategy as well, but since I got to know about BOTD I've played two of them and had great fun checking out how others were doing, reading the hands they post and listening to the online radio provided by Remmetje. First time, I was surprised with myself and ended somewhere around 6000th place, 2nd time I was doing even better but got sucked out (somewhat my own fault as well I guess). Been trying to get a stake in order to prove myself and hopefully get into an admin team the week afterwards, but had no luck this week so I'm trying this.

Hope to be in your team and experience what it's like, cheering and helping out eachother (on skype/TS/IRC/... ?), should be a hell of a lot of fun and a great learning opportunity.

I actually liked your post, but I can't give the stake to you. You are active in the Dutch community and took part in their BOTD. I want to give somebody a chance who is mainly a member of the English community.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zepherox

It would be an honor playing with you Tribun!
      This is actually the sentence that convinced me. You are in. Welcome on board.

Please sign up in this thread: Battle of the Donkeys August 24th

If zepherox doesn't show up: Flopper is the second choice and dumydumy the third. Stay tuned for the case zepherox doesn't show up.

Thanks to everybody who has shown interest in playing in my team.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • zepherox
      zepherox
      Bronze
      Hello Tribun, A few minutes ago i registred for the BoD in the official thread, Is everything in order for me to participate?
    • fostieh
      fostieh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      Originally posted by fostieh

I actually liked your post, but I can't give the stake to you. You are active in the Dutch community and took part in their BOTD. I want to give somebody a chance who is mainly a member of the English community.
      I understand, even though I consider myself more of a member of the English community as I am on IRC with them all the time...
      That one time I participated with them was in fact the first time I did BOTD, thanks to Sharp80's goodbye deal. :'(
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hey forstieh,

ok, I understand. Just stay active and you'll get your chance next time.

@zepherox: Yes, everything is fine. I'll transfer the stakes in the next minutes.
    • fostieh
      fostieh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      Hey forstieh,

ok, I understand. Just stay active and you'll get your chance next time.

@zepherox: Yes, everything is fine. I'll transfer the stakes in the next minutes.
      That's the plan indeed :)
    • Leo
      Leo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv

1] Your roommate Leo, made an inappropriate BoD Challenge in the Dutch Section, therefore I was excluded right-away, as far as I go: Germans > Dutchies who live in Spain)
      WTF?!

And you won the Dutch backdeal too! Maybe you need to wash your mouth sir ^^

Kind regards,
      Leo