[NL20-NL50] ATs

• Talic
      0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , T:spade:
      MP2 folds, Hero calls $0,25, CO folds, BU calls $0,25, SB calls $0,15, BB checks.

Flop: ($1,00) J:spade: , 6:spade: , 4:heart: (4 players)
      SB bets $0,75, BB folds, Hero raises to $2,00, BU calls $2,00, SB folds.

Turn: ($5,75) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($5,75) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4,25, BU calls $4,25.

Final Pot: $14,25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of sixes (As Ts)
      BU shows two pairs, jacks and sixes (Jd 2d)

BU wins with two pairs, jacks and sixes (Jd 2d)
  • 3 replies
    • Kruppe
      If you want to semi-bluff, $2 is too small.
      However, SB betting in a 4way pot shows a lot of strength, so I don't see any fold equity.
      So I would just call.
    • kukac26
      Pity you don't have position here.

The raise on the flop is of the please call me variety. Raise 3x your opp bet + what was in the pot before it.. that way you don't get unwelcome company..

SB folded here, tho.. which was weird.. he would have to call with hands as silly as middle pair :)

Turn presents an opportunity. A scare card hits, you raised on the flop.. a bet of 4.5$ is taking the pot down here in majority of cases..

As you showed weakness on the turn.. your bet is getting called on the river.. a good play to make with TPGK kind of hands, bad play with busted ace high flush draws.

P.S.: The play I'd make would be calling on the flop and betting on the turn if SB checked, calling if he bet a bit and folding if he bet a lot.
    • Kaitz20
      If you want to represent big hand: start by raising pf. ATs is a good hand, you don´t have to limp with that hand pf.
      Flop: raise is fine, but I´d make it 3$ If I miss then I can take free turn card (supposedly only SB calls) if I hit then I can bet for value.
      Turn: You have 12 outs for nuts + probably 3 outs for best hand. K is also scared card for him. I´d fire here second barrel to 5$ threating him to face 12$ bet on the river.
      River: since you checked turn, then he won´t put you on K and would call with any pair. Only hand that he´d fold is flushdraw, but you beat that.
      I´d just c/f, since you don´t have fold equity.