[NL20-NL50] AK hater

• 6 replies
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      so I am representing overpair and he called with QQ, or is he representing KK ir AA and smoothcalled?
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      With AA/KK, he's 3-betting you in SH most of the time.

Looking here at an AQ, AT, KQ sort of hand and that's worrying. In the best case you have about 40% to win (if he has Qx, Tx and x isn't A).. so it's a clear fold here
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kukac26
      With AA/KK, he's 3-betting you in SH most of the time.

Looking here at an AQ, AT, KQ sort of hand and that's worrying. In the best case you have about 40% to win (if he has Qx, Tx and x isn't A).. so it's a clear fold here
      Im more interested in the flop bet I made, should I checked here? on this kind of flop I everytime bet with AK and everytime get reraised on called and killed on turn/river
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Flop is bet/fold.
      Unknown would not shove here with underpair, doubt that he´d do that with draw or Tx. So that leaves Qx or better hands.
      Against unknown you´ll take that pot down often enough since player would mostly fold all the hands that are worse than tp or oesd.
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      You could also check there, but as you're the aggresor.. you're losing some fold equity (not to mention information) by checking behind.. you bet.. and if you get raised you're done (unless you have history with the villain and he knows you c-bet a lot).
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Hero cannot check the flop since it will be obvious that hero is holding AK and villain would bet on the turn if the turn is not T, K or A and would win flop directly (if, however, villain is reraised, he would realized that he was trapped).

Hero cannot check the flop if he is preflop agressor in 3-bet pot (if hero had initiative) against one opponent.