• 5 replies
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      SB had 33 or 44, so full house on river
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      it does kind of look like he was trying to trap, realised he'd missed out on value and tried to make up for it on the river. set doesn't make much sense as he would raise flop, so this only really makes sense with a flush. A flush is less likely than otherwise with the ace on the flop
      He could also have a weaker ace, and maybe some kind of trash, bluffing, as he's onbiously bad and because you showed weakness. So I call river here.
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      Why is SB bad..? Depends on how many hands you have on him.. but those stats aren't all that bad at all..

He didn't just show weakness.. TPTK is weak on this board. You could argue towards calling because flush is pretty much out of the picture (he could just call if he had KQc, but if he had connectors, he'd be scared and C/R you), SB could have the same hand (with Kc), he could have AQ, QQ even (one of clubs), A3, A4 are unlikely. 33, 44 are also possible...

Villain doesn't seem the bluffing type (at least he isn't bluffing enough to make it worth our while), so folding here is in order, I believe. I mean.. with which hands will you C/C a flush on the flop?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      SB line doesn´t make sense.
      Why should he c/c with 33/44 on the flop. There is 3-spades and you might hold a spade. Imo you face most of the times c/r on that board with SB.
      So that leaves flopped flush. Unless it is Ksxs, then I think that SB want´s to protect and get value with Ax hands, so you´ll face c/r again.
      I´d just put him on missed flushdraw and call. If I´m wrong then he only had 64BB, so I´m not loosing here 100BB plus he might shove with Ax himself.
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      SB line doesn´t make sense.
      Why should he c/c with 33/44 on the flop. There is 3-spades and you might hold a spade. Imo you face most of the times c/r on that board with SB.
      So that leaves flopped flush. Unless it is Ksxs, then I think that SB want´s to protect and get value with Ax hands, so you´ll face c/r again.
      I´d just put him on missed flushdraw and call. If I´m wrong then he only had 64BB, so I´m not loosing here 100BB plus he might shove with Ax himself.
      Had exactly the same thoughts as kaitz when I saw him shove river: With a set or a4/a3 type of hands he would (should!) have bet/raised flop or turn. So I basically put him on Ax type of hand and call. VS a 100bb stack I would problably have folded.

He turns over 88 :D