Ev graphs and hand analisys

• zbiqu23
      zbiqu23
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I need help in two matters.
      I play about 30 Hu SnG matches a day. While playing I mark hands for after-game analisys. Is there posibility to see all hands I played during one day in one window? Otherwise I have to look trough every tournament I played to find marked hands.
      Next problem I have is about graph below. What is the difference between orange and yellow line?
      For example looking at tournament 406 I am below or above Ev line?

Thanks in advance for help
  • 2 replies
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Hey.

If you go into the 'My Reports' tab and create a new report.

Select 'hand report' when given the option.

I think this should give a list of all hands for the selected player. Then you can filter it by game/stake/date etc. as you do with graphs/results.

Hope that helps

edit: I play cash so can't help you with orange/yellow lines sorry.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by zbiqu23
      Hi,
      I need help in two matters.
      I play about 30 Hu SnG matches a day. While playing I mark hands for after-game analisys. Is there posibility to see all hands I played during one day in one window? Otherwise I have to look trough every tournament I played to find marked hands.
      The method holmeboy advised is easy to do, we would recommend that you can further improve that by adding a Filter to the custom My Report that only shows hands that you tagged, filters can be saved with My Reports, so this will save you time using the report in the future. Click Filters - Simple Filters and then select Hand Details > Hand is Tagged As and place a check mark next to any hand tag you wish to filter for. Not click Add to Filter, there should be an OR sign between each hand tag you wish to filter for. Click Save and Apply Filter to finish. Don't forget to save your Report!

Using the My Report method takes the most amount of setup, but once you have that done it is the easiest. The quicker way to do this is by changing the report you are viewing instead. For example I like to use the Final Hands at Showdown Report for this, just select final Hand type above, and then filter for the tags you wish to review in the report below. Click Show Marked Hands Only will filter for all hands that were tagged alongside all hands that have notes.

What is the difference between orange and yellow line?
      For example looking at tournament 406 I am below or above Ev line?

The first thing we need to qualify is that the term EV is wrong.... a tracking tool cannot calculate EV. EV stands for Expected Value, it is a forward thinking measurement of you expectation of any action you wish to take in the hand, for example you shove the turn into one opponent before we know what cards that opponent holds. EV is a calculation of your equity vs the opponent's range when that opponent calls, times the total pot expected when the opponent calls, plus the fold equity you predict times the size of the current pot. Since a tracker cannot predict an opponents range, EV cannot really be calculated. This is a VERY common mistake that players make, on the bright side you are not alone, but hopefully after this post you will now understand why.

Instead we calculate All-In Equity Adjusted Winnings. This is similar but not the same as EV, it is a results oriented stat that compares known hands at the point where there are no further betting rounds, with one or more cards to come. PT4 must know the hold cards of All players who have equity in the hand to be able to calculate All-In Equity Adjusted Winnings, we cannot assign a random value to an opponent therefore if a player folds after they have equity in the hand then the hand will be rejected for all-in Equity calculations. All-In Equity Adjusted Winnings is a measurement of chips, therefore it will follow the Y axis graph for chips, not currency.

Net Adjusted Winnings can only be calculated at the final table, and will only work when the tournament type and payouts are detected by PokerTracker 4 (this is an issue on some networks, but not a concern at FTP or Stars provided that you are importing the Tournament Summaries). We use ICM Calculations to determine the prize pool value of each chip, and then multiply that value by your all-in equity adjusted winnings to determine the Net Adjusted Winnings for each all-in point at the final table. As we said above All-In Equity is a measurement of chips, but if you wish to determine your expectation of the prize pool upon each all-in point at the final table then you should be looking at the Net Adjusted Winnings line.

Make sense so far?

So to wrap this all up, we sugest you view only one of the two Expectation graph points at a time, to answer your question disable Net Adjusted Winnings. First lets look at chips - change the graph to group by Hands Played, and display winnings in Chips (instead of prizes won as you show above). Anytime the All-In Equity line is above the chips won then you are running BELOW EXPECTATION. Anytime the All-In Equity line is below the chips won then you are running ABOVE EXPECTATION.

If you wish to view how you expectation changes based on prize pool, then disable all-in Equity, and instead enable Net Adjusted Winnings. Now change the graph so you display winnings by Prizes while still grouping by hands played. When Net Adjusted is overlayed you can now compare your prize pool expectation to your actual winnings.

- TT