PS account in USD Skrill in EUR

• Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hi guys.

Today i made a withdraw of 560.00 USD and i got on my Skrill account 415.40EUR.

When i checked what is current rate USD/EUR is i was shocked. Right now 560USD are worth 428.01 EUR so i just lost 13EUR just because of conversation.

When i ll deposit from EUR from skrill to PS USD account it will be the same problem again.

Does anybody have similar problem? How do you deal with it?

What is the best way to get the most out of this?

Thank for all your help as always.

Good luck at the tables.
  • 13 replies
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      It is best to convert your money first before you withdraw it. Pokerstars has fine conversion rates, without any fees.
      You can also open one more ewallet in USD. Mine Skrill is in USD and Neteller in EUR
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      +1, I always have P* to make transfer in the e-wallet currency and the rates are very good (I think)

regards

Thazar
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hey guys.

Thanks for the replies. I also gave a chance to PokerStarts to explain their point of view. So here is their answer.

Thank you for contacting PokerStars regarding our exchange rates.

PokerStars' exchange rates are calculated by adding 1% to the mid-market rate, provided by Reuters:

http://www.reuters.com/finance/currencies

PokerStars waives the margin for deposits and cashouts made in US Dollars, Euro, British Pounds or Canadian Dollars. Hence, there is no need for you to pursue other options as PokerStars itself does not charge you for any conversion in the above stated currencies.

PokerStars also waives the 1% margin when the currency conversion is used for playing the games, meaning that our exchange rate is effectively the same as the Reuters mid-market rate.

For deposits and cashouts made in other currencies, PokerStars waives 0.5% of the margin, meaning that the exchange rate is effectively equal to the Reuters mid-market rate, plus 0.5%.

Note that PokerStars provides multi-currency features for game play. We reserve the right to apply the full 1% margin retroactively where the features are not used for this purpose.

All exchange rates are updated on a regular basis throughout the day.

For more information about Multi-Currency features at PokerStars, visit our website:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/real-money/multi-currency/
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you everyone :)
    • aXSesPS
      aXSesPS
      Bronze
      Hi there

I have found that keeping my neteller/skrill account in euro's and transferring in Euro's to your chose site is the best way forward.
      I always setup my account in euro's as most poker rooms you have the ability to set your main currency.

If you dont have a VIP account at neteller or skrill, they will charge you a % when transferring currency into your account should it not be your main currency.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Here is also another reply i got from PS on how to make withdraw and deposit in different currencies.

This is what we can call Customer Service :f_biggrin:

You will find below information as how to convert USD in to Euros on PokerStars. Regarding cashouts, as explained below, you will receive a further explanation from our Payments Team.

In order to convert US Dollars (USD) into Euros (EUR), you firstly need to add the Euro currency to your account, by clicking on the 'Add New Currency' button which appears adjacent to the available currencies in your cashier.

Once you have added it, the design of the cashier will change to a ‘tabbed’ interface with various currency options. To check how much money you have in a currency, or to make transactions in that currency, simply choose the appropriate currency tab from the selection at the top of the cashier.

To convert funds from one currency to another, click on the Cashier tab, choose the currency tab you wish to convert money into, and click the ‘Convert other funds to Euro link.

The dialog that appears provides three options:

* I know how much money in other currencies I want to convert to Euro
      * I know how many Euros I want to receive
      * I want to convert all my funds to Euros

Click Next to move to Step 2 of the process, where you can enter the amount of money you would like to convert.

To convert cash, enter an amount into the box marked 'Cash'. To convert T-Money, enter an amount into the box marked 'T-Money'. Then click 'Next' to move to Step 3.

In Step 3, you should carefully review the details of the transaction, then click 'Finish' to complete the conversion.

This said, please note that deposit and cashout methods vary significantly depending on your country, and some deposit and cashout methods may not be available in all currencies. We have forwarded your query to our Payments Team. They will explain to you what currencies you can use to cashout.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Yes, PokerStars customer support is very, very good :f_thumbsup:

Thanks Alan for posting that as well :)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      thanks Alan
    • aXSesPS
      aXSesPS
      Bronze
      That is the method I use to on PS, and yes, their customer server and instant withdrawals rock, all other rooms should be like that.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Another email and interesting explanation....so we need to make first deposit in currency of our choice to be able to withdraw in that currency again. So next time i have to make a deposit to PokerStars in EUR.

Here is their explanation.

As you may already know, cashouts are first credited back to your original deposits whenever possible. Refundable purchase methods include NETELLER and Skrill (Moneybookers).

If you make deposits with any of these methods, you may not have a choice on how you would like to receive and in what currency your funds when you cash out. We will automatically credit back to any and all of these methods (up to the amount you have deposited) using the same currency used for your deposits when you cash out.

You may read more about our cashout policy at:

http://www.pokerstars.eu/poker/real-money/cashouts/

At present we have to credit back to your Skrill Moneybookers account the amount of USD xxx.00 and since your previous deposit was in US dollars the currency that will be applied to your next cashout will be in USD.

For future reference, if you wish to cash out through this method in EUR currency you will need to make sure that your future deposits via Skrill Moneybookers will be in EUR currency as well.

All those emails...i promise that was the last one regarding this topic :f_biggrin: . I think it is still interesting as it is not nice to loose Buy Ins just with money conversation as we work very hard for each BI to win.

Its so much easier to loose BI than win one isn't it. :f_biggrin:
    • aXSesPS
      aXSesPS
      Bronze
      Agreed.
      Whenever you go to the shop to buy something, think of how many BI's this is going to cost
      :-)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Thanks again Alan and don't worry about it been the last email they are all informative and useful

Regards

Thazar
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Let me x-post my rage from here before I forget:
      I do have a Stars account tracked to PStrat but that's not where the volume will be; I'll pay more rake to its owner Playtech than to PStrat itself, sorry.

(This may be reverted if PStrat persuades Stars to allow Russians to deposit € from e-wallets, seriously, this is nationalist and tilting that Stars are the only site that has games in € unlike US-facing networks but makes me, unlike EU residents, pay Neteller's or Skrill's exchange fees having Net and Skrill accts in €, as it has chosen to charge these wallets only in $ from Russians; even FTP, when already under the same owner, didn't rape me like that and could charge in €.)

Here's what Stars wrote in a email:
      Hello Anton,

Thank you for your email and I apologise for any inconvenience caused by our currency availability.

Please be aware that even though we offer a feature where you can create bankrolls in different currencies so you can play at our multi-currency tables, your money transactions (deposits or cashouts) are still limited to those currencies available to your country based on our cashier system settings.

Due to this reason, no matter which bankroll you have chosen at the time of your deposit request, if, for example, USD is the only currency available to your country for money transactions, then the funds will be charged at your financial institution in USD only.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and we are forwarding your feedback to our Payments team for review and consideration.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know and thank you for playing at PokerStars.

Regards,

Diana
      PokerStars Support Team

It's a well-known issue, there have been numerous threads on it in the Russian subforum, going back to as early as 2011, here's e.g. the most recent one. And it's still not addressed.

Dear PStrat, I'm not asking you to threaten to pull out Russian advertising links or anything, as it's a relatively minor and rare annoyance, but try to press them and show us that you're THE affiliate we should be raking to :f_wink: that stands firm for genuine players' rights.