[NL20-NL50] NL25 FR overplayed set?

• Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:diamond: , T:club:
      7 folds, SB raises to $0,75, Hero calls $0,50.

Flop: ($1,50) T:heart: , K:club: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,00, Hero calls $1,00.

Turn: ($3,50) J:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2,00, SB calls $2,00.

River: ($7,50) 2:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $7,00, Hero calls $7,00.

Final Pot: $21,50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, tens (Td Tc)
      SB shows a flush, ace high (Ah 9h)

SB wins with a flush, ace high (Ah 9h)
  • 2 replies
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      Underplayed set :)

This was no dry flop, you have to protect your set... raise to 4$ on the flop

The way you played, he calls the turn even if you bet pot.. he got 4 more outs

Memorise this hand, this is the way flush-draws are usually played, river is a hard lay-down to make and I wouldn't make it.. that's why I prefer to charge all the draws the maximum.. if they get it.. they made at least two mistakes along the way.. and I pay with a smile (not very heartfelt, tho)

the only hand that scares you on the flop is KK.. how likely is that..? So hit him right back.

57% of the pot are considered probe bets and viewed as weak (giving people 2:1 is very tempting for said people).. 66-80% FTW
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I'd raise PF, but calling is perfectly fine as well.

Raise flop, there are possible straight and flush draws you have to protect against.
      It's hardly ever correct to slowplay a set, so when you're not sure, don't slowplay it. I'd make it $4.

Turn I'd bet a little bit more, $2.5, maybe even $3.

River is a tough one, you really got yourself in difficult spot here, and you should avoid situations like this one. I really don't see any worse hands that would bet here, only a bluff.
      So, IMO, he's either on a bluff or he made his flush. And that's more player dependent, looking at the odds you're getting, he'd need to be bluffing around 33% of the time for you to call this bet.
      Against an unknown that's just too much, I'd fold.