Starting afresh - 2NL upwards

• MBJUK
      MBJUK
      Bronze
      Hi,

I've dipped in and out of poker quite a lot and been mostly a losing recreational player, who has some knowledge but makes fishy moves.

I've decided to truly tighten up and try and start winning!

But I was just wondering, could someone help me to see if I'm on track? I'm playing Full Ring.

Below is my graph thus far (the majority of hands having been played on stars):

I was just wondering whether I should be worried about how far above EV I have been running thus far? I appreciate 5,000 hands isn't a tremendous sample, but I've got end of year exams coming up at uni and so haven't exactly been able to put tons of volume in.

Also, can someone try and help me analyze my stats so far? (Full Ring)

VPIP - 16.8
      PFR - 14.7
      3bet - 6.81
      WTSD% - 28.5
      W$SD - 45.0
      BB/100 - 1.80
      AF - 2.6

Should I be worried about such a low winrate and low W$SD? Is my WTSD% too high? I feel like calling down too light has been my problem in the past and is probably the one thing that stops me from being a winning player.

Many thanks in advance guys :)

MB
  • 5 replies
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey MBJUK

at the moment your sample size is too small to make any legitimate conclusions. I would advise just keep playing while using the material on pokerstrategy.com and post hands on the hand evaluation forums and our hand judges will let you know if you're on track or not in those specific situations.

Regards,
      Luke
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Hey,

Would you mind putting very wide graphs in spoilers maybe? Because it is stretching the screen so much.

WTSD% - 28.5 - Imo is too high based on your VPIP - 16.8, PFR - 14.7. I wonder what is your AF (Aggression Factor), if it is low then the problem might be that your are calling too much rather than raising or folding.

And basically what Luke said.

Good luck in your journey.
    • MBJUK
      MBJUK
      Bronze
      Hey,

Sorry about the graph, it's in a spoiler now :)

AF is 2.6, not too sure on this stat personally. I've updated it in the OP anyways :) thanks for the replies guys!
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Are you playing shorthanded or fullring?
    • MBJUK
      MBJUK
      Bronze
      Sorry guys didn't think of that one either. Full ring, I thought starting with SH might have been a bit tough since ranges are wider and my postflop play isn't quite up there yet.

I'll update that in the OP too :)