[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Aa

• Sasa1234
      0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , A:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $1,00, 3 folds, Hero raises to $3,25, BB folds, MP2 calls $2,25.

Flop: ($6,75) 9:heart: , 6:spade: , J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4,50, MP2 raises to $10,00, Hero raises to $36,75, MP2 calls $13,55, Hero gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $53,85

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and jacks (Ah Ad)
      MP2 shows four of a kind, jacks (Jc Jd)

MP2 wins with four of a kind, jacks (Jc Jd)
  • 2 replies
    • kukac26
      Stercus accidit.

I'm a great fan of not getting stacked with TPTK kind of hands.

Flop is kinda scary.. so when I get raised there I do some serious soulsearching.

Only bright spots in my world there is the villain having KK/QQ :)

You call (depending on the player.. if my stats show he's rocky I'm leting aces go) and then see what turn brings.. you're checking there.. and probably folding.

I get criticised a lot about my wimpy heads-up play in 3-bet pots, but.. bet-->raise on a coordinated flop... makes me very antsy.. I'm calling.. yes.. and then shutting down on the turn.

AA is a love to hate hand.. winning a lot of smallish pots and losing a couple of stacks :) (because face it.. two outers happen alot.. 9:1.. errr)
    • Faye6891
      Hi Sasa1234,

You played the hand well, you can't fold there and calling is even worse, villain's stack will be half potsize on the turn, I don't see myself folding to any turn card.

Villain could have a J, a SD, a FD, QQ, maybe even KK (I see a lot of donkeys who would be holding even TT, 88 or 77 here, but that's more unlikely).

You're just ahead way too often to fold this hand, if he happened to have JJ, 99 or something weird like J9, so be it (I didn't look at the results to make the evaluation, they don't really matter and you shouldn't be results-oriented... but I'll check if I got it right just out of curiosity :D ).
      Whatever he had, you still played it right, NH. :)