SNGWizz vs Nash - Question for regs and coaches

• 9 replies
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Hey!

SnGWiz default ranges are worthless. You have to set up each situation manually.

BTW, I'm not sure if these work for 18man games.
    • unshpe
      unshpe
      Basic
      1) This is a custom game i created.
      2) Why shouldn't it work for 18mans since i input the custom payouts for any SNG type
      3) Even if i input the Nash shoving range into SNGWiz, the caller's range still differs.
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by unshpe
      1) This is a custom game i created.
      2) Why shouldn't it work for 18mans since i input the custom payouts for any SNG type
      3) Even if i input the Nash shoving range into SNGWiz, the caller's range still differs.
      1) That's not relevant.
      2) The program might automatically assume it's a final table. Not sure though - never played multitable games.
      3) You have to input the "Hero folds" scenarios as well (for situations like the first one). You can see in the bottom of the first pic, that in case Hero folds, the SB will call 26%. His Nash range is 12%. That affects our decision, since every time we make a fold in the SnGWiz scenario, we gain more because others collide more (and thus we climb the payout structure).
      Same goes for every other range, not just the immediate range vs Hero. So:
      SB's overcall if Hero calls
      BB's overcall if Hero calls
      BB's overcall if Hero calls and SB overcalls
      SB's call vs CO if Hero folds
      BB's call vs CO if Hero folds
      BB's overcall after SB's call vs CO

You can do each in the window where you select their ranges, just look around :) Hope it helped!

Note that "Hero folds" scenarios are equally important if you are the openpusher. See the 3rd post of this thread for an example with a detailed explanation: [Coaching] Sit and Go [Advanced] with akrammon
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Silver
      Im not too sure if that's the case but on both of your SNGWIZZ screenshots you are getting ICM ranges displayed - so SNGWIZZ simulates final table.

If you want to change it to Chip EV - click on that little "options: $" line and change it.
      Ranges will widen a lot then - in the same hand.
    • unshpe
      unshpe
      Basic
      Originally posted by adasko99
      Im not too sure if that's the case but on both of your SNGWIZZ screenshots you are getting ICM ranges displayed - so SNGWIZZ simulates final table.

If you want to change it to Chip EV - click on that little "options: $" line and change it.
      Ranges will widen a lot then - in the same hand.
      It IS the final table.
    • unshpe
      unshpe
      Basic
      @ Akkramon,

And in the second pic, why does the HU ranges (for the pusher ; and caller when i input the Nash shoving range for the SB) differ ? I set the Edge to 0% so it wouldn't be a problem yet it still differs a lot (31% vs 58%).

Also, in the 1st pic, which range would u consider to be closer to what you might shove there vs unknows on the bubble ? 21% or 61% ?

Thank you!
    • unshpe
      unshpe
      Basic
      And another one (45man FT, 8 left, 7 paid custom game) :

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/19441/20130624-h1r9-171kb.jpg

Why is the BB calling range different vs UTG+1 shove in the same exact scenario ?

1st photo, Hero is BB and needs to call 9.7% vs UTG+1 18% shove.
      2nd photo, Hero is the UTG+1 17-18% shover, but now the BB needs to call 22% (as opposed to the 9.7%)

Off: And why can't I post images ?

:f_confused:
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Silver
      Edge is different
    • Unam
      Unam
      SNG wiz doesn't tell you what the other players have to call, it just assumes they call the ranges you see. So the 22% in your second picture may include many -EV hands or miss many +EV hands, that does not matter to SNG wiz, it is just important to the player with a hand, how the others will call/push. If you want to know how the "best" response ranges are you should look at nash ranges e.G. here: http://www.holdemresources.net/

If you want to post pictures you need the bronce status.