$20 left

• douglasjastewart
      Been stuck playing $1 turbo SnGs on Party Poker and I'm now down to $20 from $50 after 275 games. I've been sticking to the charts and reading the articles and still just getting crap after shit. Today I found the the purest example of what has been wrong.

I've tried to use that hand converters to no avail. So I'll post the code here and maybe someone could explain to me how to convert it.

***** Hand History for Game 7325334930 *****
      30/60 Tourney Texas Hold'em Game Table (NL) (STT Tournament 41694597) - Mon Aug 25 14:20:58 EDT 2008
      Table Turbo 1385744 (Real Money) -- Seat 5 is the button
      Total number of players : 9
      Seat 1: akvarato (2000)
      Seat 3: sensas_voo (1560)
      Seat 4: langkjar (2520)
      Seat 5: johnstoa (1930)
      Seat 6: hero (1940)
      Seat 7: komzoz65 (2070)
      Seat 8: jerry6389 (1960)
      Seat 9: Kira85111 (4060)
      Seat 10: g_nerd (1960)
      hero posts small blind (30)
      komzoz65 posts big blind (60)
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to hero [ Ah, As ]
      jerry6389 folds
      Kira85111 folds
      g_nerd folds
      akvarato folds
      sensas_voo calls (60)
      langkjar folds
      johnstoa folds
      hero raises (380) to 410
      komzoz65 folds
      sensas_voo calls (350)
      ** Dealing Flop ** : [ 2d, 4h, 8d ]
      hero bets (530)
      sensas_voo raises (1150) to 1150
      sensas_voo is all-In.
      hero calls (620)
      ** Dealing Turn ** : [ 6c ]
      ** Dealing River ** : [ 5c ]
      Creating Main Pot with $3180 with sensas_voo
      ** Summary **
      Main Pot: 3180
      Board: [ 2d 4h 8d 6c 5c ]
      akvarato balance 2000, didn't bet (folded)
      sensas_voo balance 3180, bet 1560, collected 3180, net +1620 [ 7h 8s ] [ a straight Four to Eight -- 8s,7h,6c,5c,4h ]
      langkjar balance 2520, didn't bet (folded)
      johnstoa balance 1930, didn't bet (folded)
      hero balance 380, lost 1560 [ Ah As ] [ a pair of Aces -- Ah,As,8d,6c,5c ]
      komzoz65 balance 2010, lost 60 (folded)
      jerry6389 balance 1960, didn't bet (folded)
      Kira85111 balance 4060, didn't bet (folded)
      g_nerd balance 1960, didn't bet (folded)

What the hell is that play about? All of it is wrong, the call pre-flop and the all in post-flop. I raise and call with pocket aces on a mediocre, low board. And it's not an isolated case, I am routinely fucked over by retards in this fashion.

PS all I got out of the output from the hand converter is:

( handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com Final Pot: Results in white below: No showdown.

How am I meant to use this? I'll edit this once someone gives me details.
  • 7 replies
    • MackieeE
      Goto Downloads at the top of the page for PokerStrategy's own Hand History software (Click here). It's easy to use and it converts directly to your clipboard so you can just press Paste. Here's yours done

30/0 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , A:spade:
      4 folds, MP3 calls, 2 folds, Hero raises, BB folds, MP3 calls.

Flop: (29.33 SB) 2:diamond: , 4:heart: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets, MP3 raises (All-In), MP3 3-bets (All-In), Hero calls.

Turn: (0.00 BB) 6:club:
      River: (0.00 BB) 5:club:

Final Pot: 0.00 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows [ 7h, 8s ] a straight Four to Eight
      Hero shows [ Ah, As ] a pair of Aces

Well, it's a typical bad beat really. AA isn't always going to win 100%, for obviously variance comes into play. But never the less, post your stats if you have any. Maybe you're playing too loose early on when blind levels are low etc.
    • douglasjastewart
      I could take it if it was just a bad beat and I was craked by KK or KA or something similar. But 87o is a joke, it's not just a bad beat it's getting beat by monkeys with half their brains squished out. What logic makes a person call a 6.33 raise pre flop with those two? and what forces him to push all in with a pair of 8's and a 7 kicker?

It's retarded and it's all I've had for the last week. Been fucked over at every corner more than a Vietnamese hooker. Frankly I've had enough and after this last $20 is gone, which probably won't take long at this rate I'll be back at the card rooms and giving up the online world full of this type of reject.
    • phpps
      Maybe try the cash games until you have enough of a BR to play the higher SnGs. The lower SnGs is left to much up to chance seeing as how the majority of the people playing are really bad (with one or two fish the odds are in your favor but playing against a whole table of calling stations works against your odds).

Don't give up yet!!! Just take a break for a couple of days and come into it fresh and thinking clearly (you cant make logical decisions if you get too emotional.

I was at a poker tournament and at the first break there was a guy that i was talking to, he was getting really pissed cause there was a calling station at his table, I thought to myself that he will be out in the next 20 min and he was not because of the calling station but because he got emotional and felt that he had a personal vendetta against the person so he started playing the luck game instead of making logical decisions. Little bit of a tangeant but my point is dont let it get to you but rather instead take a different approach.
    • douglasjastewart
      pocket 9's versus A3s. He went all in and I had just 4 BBs left so I called. He ended up with the flush. He was a total retard and routinely raised with just suited cards, A3s must have seemed like heaven for him. Yet again beaten by a someone who's intellect would be rivaled by roadkill.

It's not like I'm tilting or acting way outside the advice, I've closed the vast majority of my leaks and played well enough before in bricks and mortar at higher buy-ins. Yet my account is being eaten away at an alarming rate by people who would struggle to get in the door.

Is this a flaw in the system? Does it just not work at lower limits when playing with a table of these donkeys? The $50 limits you to $1 SnGs (at PP these are all turbo games) in which these fish reside if you follow the BRM.
    • alejandrosh
      i have $10 left

you can still save yourself.
    • altruist
      had about ~$10 5 days ago, at $100 now -- hope is not lost. turbo tournaments are known for high variance, I recommend you stick to cash games if you can't stand it.
    • Flopper8
      Those Turbo $1 SnG's are pretty horrible, Incredibly high variance - you would have been (and prob still will be) better off playing SSS till you can move off the turbo's (ie - $6 SnG's)

Posted this before reding all your replies (Altruist :P )