Is commercial and merchant account same?

• Simo32
      I recently sent email to skrill to move my account to "commercial" status because i was selling service.

Then i received this

"Further to the ongoing audit of your Skrill account, we kindly ask you to provide us with the following information in order to be able to proceed with the review of the case:

1/ a fully operational website compliant with the following information that we consider mandatory:

- products/services data, respective prices and descriptions of your products must be available);

- Full Terms and Conditions;

- Privacy Policy – How do you deal with your customers’ personal information (stating you do not share your customers' information with any third parties for any reasons)

- Returns/ refunds and Cancellations policy stating cooling off period

- Full contact details – Physical address, street, house number, company registration number and phone number.

2/ A clear and readable copy of photo ID of Company Representative, in color, registered on the Account (Passport, National ID and Driver’s License only). Front and back of any card used for ID verification, as well as the double page of the passport;

3/ A proof of address such as utility bill or bank statement, issued within the last three months and received to your address via regular mail, where we can clearly see your name and current address (one from which you physically operate your business activities)

Please Note: Due to PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliance requirements, we do not accept or process credit/debit card statements or any other documents with card information presented on them. Due to security reasons we do not accept mobile phone bills as well.

3/ A scanned copy of Certificate of Incorporation/ Articles of Association;

4/ Filled-in and signed copy of the Merchant Questionnaire (please find attached);

We thank you in advance for your kind co-operation on this matter and look forward to hearing from you soon!

Best Regards,

Skrill Merchant Services"

We do not own any firm/business so how to fill out all those infos they want? Website is there just for basic information on the service sold.

Are we required to do all of this to sell some service via skrill?
  • 5 replies
    • thazar
      Hi Simo

it looks like it but I do not know much about having a seller / business account through Skrill to give you a definite answer. Hopefully a Skrill representative or an other forum member will have an answer for you

best regards

Hey simo,

I suggest that you speak with Skrill support to clear this issue up :)

Kind regards,
    • Simo32
      Thanks for replies, Michelle that is good advice indeed but i thought to ask here first before waiting for 2weeks(what i expect) reply
    • johnchloee
      We can easily know their difference at their providing services. Commercial accounts are generally accessible to anyone for basic banking needs whereas merchant accounts are severe mainly large companies.
    • steveedward
      It is not the same difference is in service providing activities . In commercial side there is deposit and lending activities whereas in merchant side it relates to securities undertaking and other security related activities. like "HSBC" deals with commecial side, where as ''Morgan and Stanley "are merchant related side. There are other merchant related groups also like "merchcash" group