[NL20-NL50] SB against BB

• Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:spade: , 4:spade:
      3 folds, SB calls $0,15, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,50) 7:heart: , 8:heart: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,40, SB calls $0,40.

Turn: ($1,30) K:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,00, SB calls $1,00.

River: ($3,30) 3:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2,25, SB raises to $4,50, Hero raises to $10,00, SB raises to $15,50, Hero raises to $23,35 (All-In), SB calls $7,85.

Final Pot: $50,00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a straight, eight high (5s 4s)
      SB shows a straight, ten high (9c Tc)

SB wins with a straight, ten high (9c Tc)

I DONT KNOW HOW TO SHOW THE STATS!!! (how?)

oponent is 49/5, WTS like 44-55
  • 4 replies
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      49 67 0 5
      BU: $27,38
      3,2 50 53 40

here are the stats of oponent (same for my todays hands)
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      Flopped the third best hand.. doesn't get much better than this against a dedicated caller.

NH.

I'd never put him on T9 or 95 (hehe).. maybe I'd get a very ugly feeling when he check-raises me on the river.. NOBODY sane is shooting there with a crappy hand..

so his raise, I'm probably just calling... and if it didn't sink in by then.. then I'm only calling his next re-raise saving those 7,85$ because right there I can't imagine with what else is he re-raising besides the nuts or close to it
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Villain could have a pocket pair with which he got a set on the flop (66, 77 or 88). KK and 33 is unlikely (with KK he would raise preflop and with 33 he would fold before river).

It is important to know how villain plays his sets. However, if villain had a set, it is likely that he would have tried to protect his hand against flush (however, also with his straight, he should have protected against a flush). Therefore, after his action on the river (considering the fact that he did not protect), he might have something better and which can be only a straight (if villain was bluffing, he would not minrase with a bluff - and he would not make bluf minraise twice as he did). And if he had a straight then he must have the same straight as hero or better.

Further, villain seems agressive (3,2) and he would proprably have played his set agresivelly. Without reads, I would say he had 9hTh or 9h6h.

On the river, hero should have raised to $12. If reraised again, I would probably just call. However, a push should not be a bad move if hero knew that villain does not protect his sets against flush, since villain's line indicated he was trapping hero (but trapping on such drawy board is very bad play) and trap may be made also with a set.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If he has 9T or 95 then I loose my stack, but I won´t slow down, since SB could easily go that line with any two pair.
      Nh.