Different Perspective?

• PaTaPaTaPoNn
      PaTaPaTaPoNn
      Bronze
      I got my first capital through PS.com since few years ago, and mostly learned everything from here. Since then I had been watching videos, attending some midnight (time zone issue) coaching sessions etc., and slowly build my little bankroll. It never went big, as I cashed out a few times to enjoy some little moment with friends/girlfriend.

And then I met a friend, who used to (slowly leaving poker scene now) make his living out of poker, and has a decent living style. We know each other for about 2 years now, and we mostly chat about poker.

I realized we had lots of conflict when comes to strategy and mindset topic. He disagree with lots of my knowledge learned here, as what he learned from his teachers and friends which most of them are full time pro, is different than what I know.

Seeing him nearly get into money for the main event at Melbourne (40 in the money, he got around 50) (Daniel Ngreanu won first prize), I'm starting to feel doubt towards my own playing style, as I really didn't get much success so far.

Can anyone enlighten me...? ?(
  • 2 replies
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      post hands, post stats in the forum, so people will help find leaks in your game
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey PaTaPaTaPoNn,

First off, I've moved your post to a relevant board.

I believe that your experience is shared amongst a lot of the poker community or at least a huge amount of our membership base.

Whilst you have made money from poker playing our strategies and learning from our material as you've said yourself you haven't been able to go as far as your friend. You have to be honest - did you work as hard as him? Our education will only help you get so far - after that each individual must put in the extra hard work to beat the games, especially today, as the game gets tougher and tougher as you move up the limits.

I think if you talk to your friend and ask him how hard he worked on his game, spent hours going through hand histories, studying opponents, etc. We can't all be huge winners because we don't deserve to be!

As my Grandmother always told me "You only get out of life, what you put into it".

I hope this has helped and has made sense :)

Best regards,
      Gary.