This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH QQ vs 3bet, A K 4 flop

• Zenith88
      Zenith88
      Bronze
      0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:club: , Q:heart:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, CO raises to $3.00, 3 folds, Hero calls $2.00.

Flop: ($6.35) K:heart: , 4:club: , A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4, Hero folds.

Should i lead on a flop like this or just give up as a big part of his range hits it. Most likely I can't get Kx to fold without a 2nd barrel on the turn.

Final Pot: $10.35
  • 3 replies
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      Nasty flop to be OOP.

Depends on what CO stats are like.. but I don't think your bet on the flop would lose the villain.

Nice hand, ugly flop, good fold (IMO)
    • Zenith88
      Zenith88
      Bronze
      Villain turned out to 3bet quite loosely(or he just had a good streak of cards), however this was one of the first hands i played at that table and I didn't have any previous reads/stats on him so we can consider him unknown.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Against unkown: I´d go 4-bet/call.
      Reasons for that: you´re oop and if flop comes 224 then you´re getting stacked against KK,AA.
      If you´re facing AK and flop doesn´t come A or K he won´t get his money all-in.
      Since you have third nuts pf and you´re oop then best is getting money all-in pf.
      Flop: c/f flop is fine.