[NL2-NL10] 9t suited

• jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:spade: , 9:spade:
      UTG+1 calls $0.20, 6 folds, SB raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.20, UTG+1 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($1.20) 5:diamond: , 4:spade: , 8:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60, UTG+1 calls $0.60.

Turn: ($3.00) K:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.40 (All-In), UTG+1 calls $2.40, SB folds.

River: ($7.80) 9:club:

Final Pot: $7.80

leo said to treat min raises as limps so I did and wanted my bb play. Whats your thoughts on it?
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      leo said to treat min raises as limps so I did and wanted my bb play. Whats your thoughts on it?

Only when you have a hand thats worth Raising! So calling his click-raise with SuitedConnectors and PocketPairs below 7 is a no-no James.

As played Postflop, you should fold there, 3:1 Pot odds while you have to discount 1 out due your T of Spades.

You have to have 4,9:1 or higher in order to make your call profitable.

Also Preflop , you do not have enough implied odds as your first to act and you dont know for sure if UTG+1 calls. And if he calls, you still won't get the necessary Implied odds ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Maybe just call his small bets but I am not sure about that situations. Guess best advice would be to fold in such situations.
      Bronze
      Leo said that probably because he wanted you guys to raise those minraisers and not fold hands like AQ. Here it's fine if you know how to play postflop, but can cost you a lot if you make mistakes.

On the flop the call's not so obvious, though. If you want to rely on pot odds only, it's in fact a fold. But there's another player in the pot, who may be a blessing or a disaster. He helps if he calls - another dead money in the pot. If he raises, you cannot draw efficiently.

Turn play is ok, good thing you could've gotten at least one oponent in the pot with your flush.

Looking at the stack sizes I'm even more inclined to say you need to fold preflop. You don't have full stack and hands like suited connectors need as big stack as possible.

Nice try though. I will be glad to see another hands of yours.
    • Leo
      Leo
      Bronze
      Hey James,

Good to see you're posting hands mate!

Jep, as 098799 said, it was more aimed at hands you would normaly play preflop according to the Starting Hands Chart. For example AQ or TT, etc.

Just to clear that up ^^

Anyway, keep em coming those hands ;)

With kind regards,
      Leo