6-card omaha?

• DannyJQ
      DannyJQ
      Bronze
      Okay so Full tilt added 6-card Omaha? Is it just me or its starting to get ridiculous? I mean I tried to play a couple of hands and it even takes some time to actually realize what you have since you have half the deck as a starting hand :facepalm:

Are PokerStars using FullTilt for experiments or what? Do you think there would be any value in this game?
  • 12 replies
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Silver
      6 card Omaha been going around for years, in live cashgames around the UK for example.
      never played it, but saw some players having to constantly hold their hand in front of their eyes.
      on the other hand, some other players were just quickly having a glance and that was all they needed - crazy :f_cool:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      I've never seen 6 card Omaha, although I don't get out that much :D
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Haven't tried it yet but looks like should be a fun game.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      with even bigger variance than PLO? :)
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Silver
      Correct me if Im wrong, but with the right table selection and value heavy betting it would be less variance than 4 card omaha, because its 10 times easier to fold your second nuts and to value bet it against a fish that shows weakness and is willing to call us...
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Silver
      i ain't no PLO expert and most definitely no 6 card PLO expert for sure :f_biggrin: played one live session few weeks ago at £0.25/£0.50 and just during those few hours i witnessed some fucking crazy shit i'm telling ya :D quads over quads etc :f_ugly:

folding 2nd nuts is not the problem. the problem is that nuts change by the River waaaaaay more then in 4 card PLO.

so it is bigger variance imo since you have to put your money in on the FLOP with nuts but still you get outdrawn or you outdraw others' nuts so much is unfuckinbelievable :f_pleased:
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by adasko99
      folding 2nd nuts is not the problem. the problem is that nuts change by the River waaaaaay more then in 4 card PLO.
      The nuts change as much in 6 card plo as in any other game with community cards. ;)
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Originally posted by Alficor1

The nuts change as much in 6 card plo as in any other game with community cards. ;)
      This.
      Players just have the nuts more often on any given street because of the extra hole cards.
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Silver
      that's what i meant :) so is it not bigger variance afterall?
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Clearly it's higher variance, since you can easily flop a draw thats gonna be like 80% vs. flopped nuts and there's obv gonna be a lot more cooler situations.

If you think about it, if PLO is higher variance game than NLHE, then how can 6 card PLO be less variance than 4 card? :)
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Silver
      cool :f_thumbsup: that's what i initially thought :f_biggrin:
      are there any equity tools for 6 card Omaha?
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      This game is sicko variance wise!!

Mate and I played some of this for about a week and it was loads of fun but you can easily kiss your bankroll goodbye if things don't go right.