NL10 9 seater stats and hand chart

• gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      I am posting this as i would like to know if you think i play too loose or if i just had a lot of good cards etc. The call and vp$ip stats are high but i think that is mainly the blinds as i was able to check most of them and see a free flop with cards i would never call. i have included 2 hand charts, 1 for the big blind and 1 for all other positions where would have to call something to see a flop. I know 300 hands is very limited and the stats change greatly with each hand but if i am doing something wrong its better to know now than 10k hands later isn't it, here r the stats tell me what you think please

Here is the hand chart

This is the big blind hand chart which i only had to check, this i believe is what made my stats so high

Tell me what you think please and tell me how i can improve my game, do you think i play too loose or is it acceptable due to the hand charts? thanks for your support
  • 15 replies
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze

here are my position stats
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      there is no way of commenting on this at all because there is so little hands and you could of just got a whole bunch of good or bad hands which would result in everything being high or low.
      do this again when you have at least 5,000 hands.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Gaz369,

You need at least 5k hands or more to at least see what your stats kind off looks like.
      With 20k or more hands, you are pretty sure the statistics won't change drastically. As I see now in those 618 hands.

You limp too much. Your stats should be like 9 VPIP and 9 PFR because if you play basic SSS, you should raise every hand you are playing with ;)

- Gerv
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      thanks, i just posted this as sony asked me 2, the only hands i limp in r big blinds unless they r gd n small pockets which i sometimes raise dependng on the situation, everything else is a 4-4+ bb raise or push all in dependant on situatin
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      is my hand selection fine or too loose?
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      ATM it's too losse, like GERV said you want something like approx 9-10 as a VPIP.
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      not only that, you are on one hell of a lucky day.

54BB per hour HOLY SHIT. i wish i was getting that.

DO NOT LIMP SMALL POCKET PAIRS.
      from what i can see you are only a bronze member, you will learn the correct time/place to limp small pockets when you hit silver.

you are playing extremely loose for an SSS'er

the WORST ace you should be playing is AJ.

the WORST pocket pair you should be playing is 77, although i personally dont play 77, if its in the SHC i suppose you could.

basic rules for limping small pockets:
      dont do it unless there are at least 6 limpers behind you(you need at least 1/7.5 odds to play, you cannot rely on implied odds as a Short stacker)
      you can complete on small blind with 3 limpers(not including BB)

from what i can see you are suffering from a major symptom of boredom...

try opening a few more tables. at first its a bit overwhelming but you get used to it within minutes. and the more tables you have open, the more playable hands you get.
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      thanks ill try more tables next time i play, i usually play with 2 tables but i will increase this to 3 or 4 and see how i go, most of that luck was against 1 player because i won a hand and he went on tilt and kept re-raising my 4bb bet to like 5$ for me to see the turn, so when i have the nuts this is very welcome, in one hand i had 3$ and he had about 17$ i think and about 4 hands later he left the table with 0$, i haven't found anyone like this since though
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      ive tightened up my play n stopped calling so many pocket pairs but i still can't seem to get my money up, i usually play around 400-600 hands a night but seem to stay around the $45 mark, if i lose $10 i win it back and vise versa but i don't seem to be going anywhere :( ive played around 3k hands now i think and i am around $5 down. my vp$ip is currently around 19%, i no this is high but ive had a lot of good hands lately, just nothing came from them much
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      i have also started to comment on other posts to give my opinion and receive feedback on this to see if this will help me, i have read most of the articles around times now
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      here is an update on how i am doing, according to pokertracker i am now $58 up with my total bankroll on $105 now, i have been playing 4 tables at a time for around 4 hours a day getting +$20 a day roughly. MY bb/100 is now 6.6. I have tried to tighten up but my VP$IP is around 19% now, this is after around 4.4k hands. I have taken more note of my position but i think my main problem is i don't seem to be holding kj, aj, qj or other cards like this from early position, most of the time i win with them but i do sometimes lose to a re-raise and so on. My aggression has gone up now, with my vp$ip at 19 i raise preflop around 16% so i only call 3% of those most of which are blinds or small pocket pairs from late position, i think i have found my major leaks let me know if you want to see any other stats
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      I think a VPIP of 19% is still way to much for a shortstacked play...

P.S.: resize your images to 800*600 pls
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gaz639
      here is an update on how i am doing, according to pokertracker i am now $58 up with my total bankroll on $105 now, i have been playing 4 tables at a time for around 4 hours a day getting +$20 a day roughly. MY bb/100 is now 6.6. I have tried to tighten up but my VP$IP is around 19% now, this is after around 4.4k hands. I have taken more note of my position but i think my main problem is i don't seem to be holding kj, aj, qj or other cards like this from early position, most of the time i win with them but i do sometimes lose to a re-raise and so on. My aggression has gone up now, with my vp$ip at 19 i raise preflop around 16% so i only call 3% of those most of which are blinds or small pocket pairs from late position, i think i have found my major leaks let me know if you want to see any other stats
      you shouldnt be playing KJ QJ at all. they are a straight fold from everywhere but SB(where you could attempt to steal with the right circumstances)
      AJ should only be played from late.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      VP$IP means VOLUNTARILY put money in pot - it does not include times you checked from the big blind (these are forced bets).
      If playing SSS your VP$IP should be around 7%

Limping pocket pairs makes no sense with a shortstack - you only hit a set one time out of nine and most times you wont earn back the eight bets you called but didnt hit
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      thanks for your reply guys, i understand now about the big blind not being included in vp$ip and i have tightened up my play even more. My vp$ip is around 17% now over 6-7k hands, i know this is still way to high but i am playing tighter now it is just taking tiime to get the stat down over the sample size, my average daily sessions are around 10-12% so still some improvements to be made. Ive calmed down a lot with the pocket pairs and have started to pay a lot more attention to position, i regularly fold hands like aj from early position now and before these would have bin a raise every time. As i play mostly on my laptop but i am on my pc atm, i have some stats to hand but these are only limited, after 2.5k hands my vp$ip is 16%, pfr 12, wtsd 37% and w$sd is 63% so there are still some improvements to be made but i think i am going in the right direction now, my bb/100 is 3.87 but as i say i do not have the other 4-5k hands with me now