This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

15 outs?

• Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      Hand 1
      MP2: $50,00
      Hero: $47,50

0,25/0,50 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , K:club:
      MP2 calls, Hero raises to $2,50, 4 folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: ($5,75) 2:heart: , 5:club: , 9:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $5, Hero??

a) Raise to ~20$/Fold to Push
      b) Call/Raise Turn bei Hit
      c) Push AI
      d) Raise to ~20$/Call AI

I found this hand ín a german article about big pairs and big draws. They say, that the best line to play it is raise to 20$/call AI, because with this big hand they want to play a big pot. In their opinion they have in most of the cases all 15 outs, but i'm not sure about that. I mean which hand would he donk with except a set? Against a set we only have 8 outs and are behind.
      My line would probably be call flop//fold turn unimproved.
      What do you say?

(There were no stats)
  • 1 reply
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi Petrificus,

this is definitely a big draw and you play it raise/push. We don't know anything about the opponent so we can't say what hands he is playing like that. And even if we would know he is a good tag his range is wider than just sets. He can donk with and any pair/draw or even air. We dominate any other flush draw, so we should be happy to get it in. We have tons of outs against just a pair and still a lot outs against 2 pairs or sets. Against a set we still have 25%, but I doubt he always have the set. Pretty easy raise/shove with such a hand.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar