$19,70
      MP3:
      $4,98
      CO:
      $18,40
      BU:
      $20,50

0,1/0,2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J:diamond: , J:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,80, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $4,98 (All-In), 3 folds, UTG raises to $8,39, Hero?

Pot odds:
      $0.8 + $4.3 + $4.3 / $3.5 = 27% Equity needed.

But if I face 2 Overcards and 1 Overpair normally, I wouldn't even get that 27% percent.

Should I maintain this tight rule of 2 Overcards & Overpair or can I say that I could face AK and a lower pocket pair than Jacks?
      I think this is an auto-fold , especially with Jacks//Tens.
  • 4 replies
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      I would call you have almost 37%equity against a range of jj+ ako+
      Its also not uncommon that people on nl20 3 bet all-in with tt too that would give you 43% equity.

Edit: i obv. cant read didnt see the other raiser definatly good to fold.
      Bronze
      I think it's oponent dependant. With UTG being a complete monkey here I'd probably call even though your fellow shortie MP3 is raising here with JJ+, AK. But since you don't have such read, I think it's even more foldable. I mean, against lone MP3 it's easy fold, right? Since his range's JJ+, AK probably...
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 098799
      I think it's oponent dependant. With UTG being a complete monkey here I'd probably call even though your fellow shortie MP3 is raising here with JJ+, AK. But since you don't have such read, I think it's even more foldable. I mean, against lone MP3 it's easy fold, right? Since his range's JJ+, AK probably...
      If MP3 is an unknown shortie, yes.
      But also Stack:raise ratio is negative to Push so that makes 2 reasons right?

In these situations, do I mostly have to consider that my Pocketpair is against a higher PP and 2 overcards? I think that gives the most certainty.

With what kind of stats (VPIP/PFR/3bet%) can I use here in order to loosen up his range. So eg. a VPIP of 18 and a PFR of 10 ?
      Bronze
      With MP3 it's easy: if his pfr and vpip aren't both something below 10, he's not a ps.com shortie and you can loosen up. If it's up to UTG, I can't put him on any particular range, because he might be really denkey'ish since 4betting a 3betting shortie means literally you're a favourite against JJ+, AK range - hence AA-KK.

It's all about the reads. If they are both playing ok (and I like to assume that when I have no reads - it saves me a lot of money) it's an easy push against one guy from JJ+, AK and another with KK+. Nothing like one higher pp and overcards apply here.

And about stats that can indicate anything in utg's range - nothing here, I guess. You have to wait and see what move he makes now and than if he's not capable of adjusting to shortstacks, exploit it.