This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl20 Jj

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Known players:
      SB:
      $35,78
      BB:
      $4,00
      UTG:
      $8,59
      UTG+1:
      $31,59
      UTG+2:
      $3,69
      Hero:
      $4,30
      MP2:
      $19,70
      MP3:
      $4,98
      CO:
      $18,40
      BU:
      $20,50

0,1/0,2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J:diamond: , J:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,80, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $4,98 (All-In), 3 folds, UTG raises to $8,39, Hero?

Pot odds:
      $0.8 + $4.3 + $4.3 / $3.5 = 27% Equity needed.

But if I face 2 Overcards and 1 Overpair normally, I wouldn't even get that 27% percent.

Should I maintain this tight rule of 2 Overcards & Overpair or can I say that I could face AK and a lower pocket pair than Jacks?
      I think this is an auto-fold , especially with Jacks//Tens.
  • 4 replies
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      I would call you have almost 37%equity against a range of jj+ ako+
      Its also not uncommon that people on nl20 3 bet all-in with tt too that would give you 43% equity.

Edit: i obv. cant read didnt see the other raiser definatly good to fold.
      Bronze
      I think it's oponent dependant. With UTG being a complete monkey here I'd probably call even though your fellow shortie MP3 is raising here with JJ+, AK. But since you don't have such read, I think it's even more foldable. I mean, against lone MP3 it's easy fold, right? Since his range's JJ+, AK probably...
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 098799
      I think it's oponent dependant. With UTG being a complete monkey here I'd probably call even though your fellow shortie MP3 is raising here with JJ+, AK. But since you don't have such read, I think it's even more foldable. I mean, against lone MP3 it's easy fold, right? Since his range's JJ+, AK probably...
      If MP3 is an unknown shortie, yes.
      But also Stack:raise ratio is negative to Push so that makes 2 reasons right?

In these situations, do I mostly have to consider that my Pocketpair is against a higher PP and 2 overcards? I think that gives the most certainty.

With what kind of stats (VPIP/PFR/3bet%) can I use here in order to loosen up his range. So eg. a VPIP of 18 and a PFR of 10 ?
      Bronze
      With MP3 it's easy: if his pfr and vpip aren't both something below 10, he's not a ps.com shortie and you can loosen up. If it's up to UTG, I can't put him on any particular range, because he might be really denkey'ish since 4betting a 3betting shortie means literally you're a favourite against JJ+, AK range - hence AA-KK.

It's all about the reads. If they are both playing ok (and I like to assume that when I have no reads - it saves me a lot of money) it's an easy push against one guy from JJ+, AK and another with KK+. Nothing like one higher pp and overcards apply here.

And about stats that can indicate anything in utg's range - nothing here, I guess. You have to wait and see what move he makes now and than if he's not capable of adjusting to shortstacks, exploit it.