Understanding Board Texture

• 2 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey Raknyo

if you wanna watch a video i can recommend mbml's vid called 'His range is capped'. it doesn't exactly discuss board texture directly but it's more about how people play in different situations and with different parts of their range. it just touches the surface of this topic tho and i think it's really important to take on board what he says but think more deeply about it.

when thinking about this topic it's good to try and ask yourself what people do on different board textures and with what parts of their range. generally fishy guys seem less predictable in that they might slowplay in really bad spots for example. so i always think in terms of an unknown villain who has read some of the PS articles :D

unfortunately there isn't a great deal of info on PS about just board texture so imo the best thing you can do is to just go through your database yourself and look at what's going on. take some really common spots you find yourself in and just go through a bunch of hands and write down what you see. i'm sort of doing the same atm along with just grinding and watching what people are doing in different spots and i feel like it's helping :)

also, a good place to start is with how you would play on different board textures and why..
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      I'm not sure if you use HM2 or PT4. But i started looking at my c-bet success%, and in that filter, it breaks down board textures, and might be helpful to look and see what boards that are giving you the most trouble.

There are a few good training modules in Leakbuster that cover continuation betting. and good/bad board textures. I know you can access some of the training content in the free trial, but not all. But i think the c-betting part might be one of them.

I picked up Flopzilla a while ago, and just playing around with that a bit, and seeing how ranges hit certain flops has been really helpful. As well as what cards are good /bad for your hand on turn river.

I'm sure you can find some stuff on google as well.