Not Much New

• Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Greetings,

I haven't visited PS for awhile. I'm thinking of getting back into the Poker action. Anyhoo...

I'm kind of disappointed to see that there hasn't been any more strategy categories added. There is a "No-Limit" category, there is a "Fixed Limit" category, and more as well. But why not have more categories like:

"No-Limit Full-Ring"
      "No-Limit 6-Max"
      "No-Limit Heads Up"

That's my thought. Thanks.
  • 10 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Navrark
      Good points.
      I have moved your thread into our "Feedback and Suggestions"

Check out the videos, though.
      It might be just my perception, but it seems to me that there have been a lot more videos added lately.

We've had a swath of new coaches come through, too.

Peace,.
      --VS
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Navrark,

Welcome back to poker and indeed to PokerStrategy.com!

Many thanks for your suggestion - I will pass it on to our education team and hopefully they will respond within a few hours.

You should definintely follow Vorpal's advice and check out our extensive video library. At the moment, you are Bronze status but that still opens up 531 videos for your pleasure!

If you manage to grind silver status it doubles to over 1k, with it almost doubling again if you reach Gold!

You many not have known this - but you can actually buy a status now in our points shop!

Best regards,
      Gary.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey

We are currently in the process of revamping our strategy section so expect
      To see a more modern way of presenting things.

I like your ideas though :)

Thanks for tHe feedback.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thanks Patrick :)
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      I just signed up through you guys at Titan Poker. The only Full Ring NL available is $0.01 / $0.02. This is probably the largest Poker room you are in business with, though I could be wrong.

Full Ring is dying out. I've seen this topic discussed elsewhere. Starting everyone out at Full Ring isn't a great idea. But more specifically I think that people should be able to find articles exactly relevant to the game they want to play, whether it be HU, 6-max or FR (I know I said that already, but I like to hear myself talk, lol). These games start at the smallest stakes, so the "Courses" should too.

By the way I do like the changes you've made by adding the "NL Course." I hope it gets improved even more, and I hope the old idea of having to click on specific articles is done away with. It should be set up like a school so that you can feel a sense of accomplishment at each step, not just when you've paid enough rake to get a new color. It looks to me like that is what you're trying to do.

Thanks!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thanks again Navrark.

We definitely appreciate your opinion and value any feedback.

As Patrick has hinted - changes are indeed coming. I am very excited about this as I am sure you are too. It's just a matter of patience now.

Best regards,
      Gary.
    • FatSunny
      FatSunny
      Bronze
      I would like to see some new articles if thats possible, I like videos but I find it easier to digest if I can read it over and over.

Thanks
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FatSunny
      I would like to see some new articles if thats possible, I like videos but I find it easier to digest if I can read it over and over.

Thanks
      Hey FatSunny,

As said above, we just need to wait for the new material to pop up.

As you've said that you do enjoy the videos I'd say that your best choice to become a master at note taking. You can simply watch a video and take notes yourself of every part that is beneficial for you; you can then save each document under a different subject and review them constantly.

After you've got a good grasp of this you can then make some very simple short notes that you can skim read before a session so that it's all there - much easier than re-reading a whole article, right? ;)

If you need some help with notetaking then our Learning to Win forum would be a great start, or post in the Schnitzelfisch Q & A - Become a productive poker player! thread.

Any other problems/suggestion, be sure to throw them at us!
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Navrark
      I just signed up through you guys at Titan Poker. The only Full Ring NL available is $0.01 / $0.02. This is probably the largest Poker room you are in business with, though I could be wrong.
      LOL, I just have to laugh at my silly comment above. ^ Obviously PokerStrategy is affiliated with PokerStars. :f_p:

Titan is probably the second largest.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Yes, the iPoker Network (which Titan is a part of) is the second biggest network we are affiliated with :)

So you are correct Navrark!