[NL2-NL10] J,J Nl10 am I good?

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I feel like i have to bet on the river when my bet gets called on the flop but then villian checks to me or checks behind me on the turn.
      When he does I almost always put another bet on the river and almost always they turn over top pair witha horrible kicker.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1.85
      BU:
      $16.50

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J:club: , J:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.35, 6 folds, BU calls $0.35, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.85) 2:spade: , K:diamond: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BU calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.05) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($2.05) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90 (All-In), BU calls $0.90.

Final Pot: $3.85

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, jacks and deuces (Jc Jd)
      BU shows two pairs, kings and deuces (Kh 6h)

BU wins with two pairs, kings and deuces (Kh 6h)
  • 5 replies
    • Werkon
      Werkon
      Bronze
      You should bet to 4xBB preflop but it sometimes happens that you dont hit exact amount, no problem here. On the flop, you have trash, but standard c-bet, nice. Since villain calls your bet, I would be check/calling from now on because you are already commited to the pot, but your hand isn't too strong. By check/calling you wont lose any more money that necessary.
      Bronze
      Well, he checked behind on the turn for bluff induce, probably... So he achieved what he wanted :) .

Or wait, maybe he didn't since he's a complete donkey... Well, it happens. River shove is playable but checking it to the end is standard here.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      sometimes I like to bet 0.05c more or less with raising hands pre-flop just so it's not the same every time, so it's harder to catch on to what I'm doing.
      Smart thing to do?
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      more disguise in betting same amount everytime, no matter what hand. If you vary it to 'mix it up', you can still fall into a readable pattern, it's just human nature (not that people can read at low limits, but further along maybe),
      Bronze
      SSS provides you even better weapon than divesifying your game: playing the same all the time. That makes you really unreadable... ;)