This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL50 SSS:JJ and straight flush draw

• Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      I had over pair and straight+flush draw. Just got unlucky or is there any other way to play it?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $6.70
      BB:
      $50.00
      Hero:
      $10.00

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:diamond: , J:heart:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.00) 9:diamond: , 7:diamond: , 8:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $8.00, Hero raises to $8.00 (All-In), SB folds, BB gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $22.00
  • 4 replies
    • Werkon
      Werkon
      Bronze
      Well, you had a flush draw + gutshot on a flop, still a monster draw, impossible to think of folding here.
    • abundance211
      abundance211
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Werkon
      Well, you had a flush draw + gutshot on a flop, still a monster draw, impossible to think of folding here.
      I don't agree. The flush draw is not the nut FD, he's got only 1 flush card in hand and 2 opponents in pot. The BB stats are of a tight player and his aggression factor is another indication that when he betted on this flop, he's got a strong or even made hand. The only card that beats him is Td and the odds of having it are 46:1.

I don't think you had the proper odds to call his raise. Although very difficult, I hope I would have fold ;) (and not get curious, which I am not sure at all)

I am very curious though to see the judges evaluation

Good luck Termi8r, I am one of your fans
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Guess correct move would be to fold here. But lets see what judges advice.
      Bronze
      I think it's ok. With an inside straight flush draw and an overpair I can't see myself folding here. Just no way I'm giving up such a powerfull hand while ssing :) .