[NL2-NL10] NL25 SSS:AJ reraised

• Termi8r
      Should have folded but this guy is very loose and has a wide range. But still a fold imo. Comments?

Known players:

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J:club: , A:heart:
      UTG+1 calls $0.25, UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, 3 folds, BU raises to $5.00, 3 folds, Hero raises to $5.00 (All-In), BU gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $10.60
  • 3 replies
    • abundance211
      1. fold AJo from middle position
      2. fold after raise to 5.00$. Left stack size:your raise ratio is 3:1 and a fold according to SHC.

Although opponents stats are loose, I think he's got a hand. Otherwise he would only call your raise and wait to see flop and won't re-raise. From my experience at this level players are quite straight forward.

By calling his re-raise you are wasting your money, imo.
    • veriz
      Why did you even raise with AJ on MP and after the reraise insta fold.
      First, no sample imo. 48 hands can only give us liiitle hint about how he's going to play. His actual pfr can vary from 8 to 30 I guess (at least statistics say it can). But assuming his pfr is like 20 and he's going to 3bet with 1/3 of his pfr (which is another assumption which can be wrong) you're getting about 33% equity, about the amount you need here. It looks like break-even case.

But... our assumptions aren't surely even close to correct. Also, we didn't include the fact whether or not does he adjust to shortstackers. I think fold is surely a move with less variance and possibly bigger expected value, so it's fine.