From nl25 to nl100

• ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      The story lies behind being brake even to becoming a thinking player and you are suddenly a superstar.

That was around middle of may when I started to think dinamically during game and I have not lost a single session since then. Around 20 sessions in a row.
      I moved from nl10 to nl25 and through 15k hands I win at 20bb/100
      I have passed 1000$mark and I would like to take some shots at nl100.

So can someone give a hint on what are tendencies for nl100 players compared to nl25?
      I do not like nl50 due to bet sizings. It is easier to calculate bets on nl100.
  • 18 replies
    • Guthans
      Guthans
      Silver
      Man, go NL50 first. Jumping through to NL100 because you are on a tear & can't be bothered to adjust your calculations is a huge mistake, especially with 10BIs, it's far too steep BRM.

Put some time into thinking NL50, go NL50, crush and then take safe stabs & NL100, my advice.
    • martinstids
      martinstids
      Bronze
      Its just a upswing. Dont think u can beat nl1000 if u have good motnth at nl2 ^^. I suggest u to climb up limits one by one, problem that ur betsizings will be hard to calcualate is pretty funny, all u have to do is practise and it will go automaticly without thinking. nl25 isnt great for that as well lol, but somehow u managed to deal with it, so thats same for nl50, just practise a bit, use Table ninja and be mentally ready for a swing :)
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey ilioas!

I moved your thread to the no limit forums.

Looks like you're running pretty good on nl25! I don't think you should play nl100 though I think you don't even have enough for nl50. But I have a bankrollmanagement of 25BI's.

Regards

RasTweet
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      NL50 is about 100% tougher than NL25, NL100 is even harder than 50. if you're on stars and you go to NL100 ur about to get broke unless you get some godmode. on other sites maybe its fishy enough.
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      What is it u find hard to calculate there? 3x etc buttons pre u can set for your self and 3b 4b sizing always easy. Poker involves lots of math and if u find these hard u surely get crushed on nl100
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      Play some NL5 first to get used to bet sizings :D
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by acetbfish
      Play some NL5 first to get used to bet sizings :D
      +1 that would help for sure.
      I skip that level as well. I play either NL2 or NL 10. At NL2 I run somewhere around 30 bb/100.

Originally posted by RobertDaPro
      What is it u find hard to calculate there? 3x etc buttons pre u can set for your self and 3b 4b sizing always easy. Poker involves lots of math and if u find these hard u surely get crushed on nl100
      When I started NL25 - I made in notepad conversion from bb to sizings and that helped.
      This might be the case too.

When I was dumber I remember sitting down at NL100 with 3bi in wallet. Of course I lost them. But one thing I remember is that I took down some pot too. So basically now with adaptive thinking I do not expect to stack off so lightly and by that I could most likely have some edge and hopefuly play there as regular.
      Of course an upswing would be a huge advantage too.

I do get the idea that it is 100% tougher.
      Can someone go deeper into details - what are main tendencies for players in specific situations?
      check raising flop like hell
      squeezing and then bluffing like hell
      3 street bluffs
      etc?
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Hey ilioas!

Looks like you're running pretty good on nl25! I don't think you should play nl100 though I think you don't even have enough for nl50. But I have a bankrollmanagement of 25BI's.

Regards

RasTweet
      Thank you for moving it. After I posted I found it more suitable for other section too.

About that "running good" I can not complain.
      Have worked hard to make it happen.
      Coaching with Bierbaer and reading books and Pleno's coachings and what kicked me hardest and made it happen actually was hand evaluation by posting hands.

I might even have so much motivation that I might start a blog.
      Though I do not like fact that non members have access too.
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ilioas
      Hey ilioas!

Regards

RasTweet
      Thank you for moving it. After I posted I found it more suitable for other section too.

Coaching with Bierbaer and reading books and Pleno's coachings and what kicked me hardest and made it happen actually was hand evaluation by posting hands.

Have you talked about this to Bierbaer? I can't see him recommending this at all. Best of luck to you if you do go through with it, but as everyone is suggesting it doesn't seem like a +EV move.
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Chowchow12
      Originally posted by ilioas
      Hey ilioas!

Regards

RasTweet

Have you talked about this to Bierbaer? I can't see him recommending this at all. Best of luck to you if you do go through with it, but as everyone is suggesting it doesn't seem like a +EV move.
      I had a plan to get some coaching before moving to NL100.
      Most likely will do so.

I might try with some shortstack to get a view on action going at NL100.

Can someone share his database with NL100 hands?
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      as already stated, if you are playing on stars there is a big skill jump between NL25 and NL50, and obviously an even bigger one between NL25 and NL100.

my advice would be to play NL50 for a decent sample and see where you are after that :D
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yougotfelted51
      as already stated, if you are playing on stars there is a big skill jump between NL25 and NL50, and obviously an even bigger one between NL25 and NL100.

my advice would be to play NL50 for a decent sample and see where you are after that :D
      It is partypoker.
      I use tablescan and sit where most fishes are.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      If the problem with NL50 is betsizing there is a program called StarsHelper which will turn everyones stack sizes and bet slider to BB eg instead of $50 it will say 100BB, so it looks the same at any limit.

EDIT: Just read you're at PartyPoker sorry, it doesn't work there. NL100 I imagine is too big a jump from NL25, especially with player segregation.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      I wouldn't even move up to NL50 yet until you have a decent sample on NL25.

Maybe even 100k hands so you know you're not just on a heater if you're still crushing after that many.

If you do shoot NL100 with 10BI's please post results here :)
    • Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      if you come from NL10 ur defenatley not ready for NL100...dont underestimate variance , 20bb is unreal play like 500k and you will see it shrink to like 2-5bb at most. Ofc you feel like king and motivated...dont get me wrong life is full of challanges and its fkn intresting to challange them and to be the one who dont give a fck but go trough NL50 first, or just more of NL25 first..variance is sick and as TwiceT said one 90% of people wont get it anyways.
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by metza
      If the problem with NL50 is betsizing there is a program called StarsHelper which will turn everyones stack sizes and bet slider to BB eg instead of $50 it will say 100BB, so it looks the same at any limit.

EDIT: Just read you're at PartyPoker sorry, it doesn't work there. NL100 I imagine is too big a jump from NL25, especially with player segregation.
      I know about segregation but tablescan does miracles and I find plenty of fish on NL!) and although NL25.
      How fish looks at NL100? Is it VPIP 50+? or ~30 with plenty of aggression postflop?

Originally posted by Zemnieks11
      if you come from NL10 ur defenatley not ready for NL100...dont underestimate variance , 20bb is unreal play like 500k and you will see it shrink to like 2-5bb at most. Ofc you feel like king and motivated...dont get me wrong life is full of challanges and its fkn intresting to challange them and to be the one who dont give a fck but go trough NL50 first, or just more of NL25 first..variance is sick and as TwiceT said one 90% of people wont get it anyways.
      *friend request sent.

I guess playing at NL25 till the end of month would be best.
      I would achieve 1000$+ month and get a decent volume to see if I am beating NL25 steady enough.

Originally posted by dannywratten
      I wouldn't even move up to NL50 yet until you have a decent sample on NL25.

Maybe even 100k hands so you know you're not just on a heater if you're still crushing after that many.

If you do shoot NL100 with 10BI's please post results here :)
      I might play some lottery and check it with few short stacks. Failing with them will not hurt bankroll that hard.
    • Guthans
      Guthans
      Silver
      I want to take one last time to say that this is really a bad idea. Don't do it, stay patient, you will need it later on. Grind it out slowly, poker is a marathon not a sprint - this will become painfully obvious to you one way or another.
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Hey Ilmars,

I pretty much agree with the previous posters that you should take things a little slower (I sent you an Email also).

If you actually beat NL25 for that much you can still move up in 4-6 weeks with a bigger bankroll and more confidence in your game.

Phil