This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

totally confused

• Butt3rs
      Butt3rs
      Bronze
      sry if this is in a wrong section, but HOW THE **** do u guys win with sss? did i miss something? am i totally unlucky?
      i have played nl10 for about 1.5 weeks now. and as everybody recommends sss i have strictly followed the hands chart and bet as supposed.
      i have the hands chart opened, playing the hands as said there and still i have lost already 6 buyins today....

i mean, i must fold atleast 15 hands until i get 1 playable and even then i usually fold it because the chart tells to fold it after 2 raises. that means i have to pay the blinds like 3 times before i have a chance to win a pot.
      i have only seen AA ,KK and AK about 10 times in the last 200-300 hands.

AND when i do raise 4BB with a playable hand as supposed then everybody folds and i win 0.15$ from the blinds while other ppl in the same table fight over pots like 1.5$ or more.

another thing. i know that i should have always over 15bb and leave table when over 25bb. But when i do have 15bb or less,what am i supposed to do then :rebuy or change table?

English isnt my main language so forgive me the possible grammar mistakes.
  • 4 replies
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      you should rebuy .....dont be afraid aabout your lose.....hmm .....i played around 4 hours yesterday and all did it was to take profit from the rake =) ) i was going about 4 buys profit i lost 5 then aggain and again! in some hands u need to improve your mouvements acomodation with your oponents! i saw many fishes at that limit and i m happy! after u have 2-3 buyns on + u have to take a break ;) i think u were unlucky today but try not beeing tilted because u will lose a lot !

finaly today after 2 hours aroung 500hands i was up with 6 buyins ! 1 buy=2$ ! and i took my first 5 $ bonus while i was playing on fulltilt :D

stai chill and continue playing with that strategies and u ll be fine ! trust me ;)

regards, cojonel
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      try BSS and Sit and Gos
      I quit SSS a few days after I started playing
    • batmanbg
      batmanbg
      Bronze
      Butt3rs, in which poker platform you play?
    • RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      I am having similar problems with SSS. Actually i was losing when played strictly by the SSS rules, if i didn't make an occasional blind steal and maybe adjust to very tight table and bet even with hands not listed in the SSS starting hands chart. I've made 20$ in 3 hrs at Full tilt when i played extra agressively at very tight table.
      I found out that Full tilt 1$ single table SNG's have very fishy and tight players, so i pushed them around like a joke.

Same strategy at Titan poker doesn't work (funny), i guess different type of players, more calling stations and more maniacs.

But if you want to slowly progress and build your bankroll safely SSS and occasional SNG is a way to go.
      Less money you have the tighter game you have to play.

Good luck.