stars turbo HUSNGs, differences between each buy-in level

• tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      Hi, sorry if this has been answered here before.

What are the differences between each buy in for stars turbo husngs?

I've tried several 1.50s, fishy and spewy as hell (pretty similar to nl2 of cash games)

I tried some 3.50s and 7s. Not sure if they are equally fishy.

I plan to move up to 15s and 30s asap (because I'm rolled for it, built it up in cash games). But I heard that a profitable style at micros will get you crushed at higher stakes? How true is that?

I mainly want to know what to expect as I move up each time (For example, 1.5s to 3.5s, 3.5s to 7s etc). Similarities and differences (if any).
  • 8 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Tommy

I just moved your thread. I have no clue about HUSnG's though. But I'm sure there will be people in here that will help you.

Regards

RasTweet
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Profitable style at micros will get you crushed at higher stakes? Not sure if that's legit. What's true is that by moving up the stakes, the % of good players you face is gonna increase, same with the ability of the fishy players. That makes you more limited with the ROI. But if you tend to adjust right and your HU fundamentals are at a high level, you should be winning any stakes you play.

Don't worry about 1,5$, 3$, 7$...those are fishy stakes, even regs will be bad. Once you move up to 15$, you are prolly gonna see some competent players and tougher regs. Once you reach midstakes-30$s and up, games become tougher, but u know-HU it's all about table selecting, if u always sit fish, you should be winning all the time :P Have you heard of "Sharkystrator"? It's a program that you run simultaneously with your pokerstars.com client and it basically doesn't sit you with the players you have marked as regs. You know-that color coding on stars. I think this might be a helpful tool once you move up the stakes.

Cheers!
    • zilltine
      zilltine
      Bronze

but u know-HU it's all about table selecting

booooooooooooooooooooo
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, Zilltine!
      We had a few complaints in the past about you being particularly rude to the users and unfortunately I had to experience the same behaviour. Not just this one case. For the last 2 and a half years, online poker is my main income and I am very glad so far I am doing a good job winning from it. Do you? Getting comments like this(with no reasoning, just pure negativism) is very offensive and doesn't contribute to our society at all in any way. If you disagree, I am open to new things, I am open to suggestions, but make sure you put them in a nice way. Not sure if you trying to prove something with offending others, but we don't tolerate such behaviour. Please, try to be nicer, try to have a constructive criticism rather than insulting others and not contributing with anything to the topic.

Cheers!
    • zilltine
      zilltine
      Bronze
      I have been doing ok playing husng as well. I will try to be nicer, but telling everyone that my game, which i take very seriously , is all about bumhunting offends me also. This is not true and beginners shouldn't be told that
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      So you sit everybody? Ofc, you can't play fish all the time, but you definitely don't wanna be playing someone who's better than you, do you? Once again, as a moderator for the SnG forum, I am not going to tolerate anymore any offensive language or comments towards me or anybody else in this section.
    • zilltine
      zilltine
      Bronze
      up until $60s i were sitting and rematching everyone with no exceptions, had ~3.5% evroi. I`m sure its doable at $60s also. As a moderator for the SnG forum you can block me or whatever you guys do, yet i think you are lost between being rude and offensive
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      I am not. If you want to share your opinion, do so. If you are a good winning player- even better. It's gonna be helpful for our society. Yet, I didn't see a single comment on the topic until your last post. One thing I can tell you as an advice-it's not mostly what we say, it's how we say it. When you start off being rude, people are not gonna continue listening for the most part. So do you want to contribute with your opinion/experience or do you want to make a statement with being rude? I think it's best if we wrap this up here. Just take a note.