Leaving During a Session

• Flintrino
      Flintrino
      Bronze
      If you leave during a session when the blinds on all the tables reach you, will you lose any money in the long term using the SSS?
      Just it seems that during the end of the session is when I regain my losses and/or gain profit, when I'm starting to douple up and close the tables.

Thank you
  • 15 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi Flintrino,

I don't really understand your questions. But in general you wait till the blinds reach you ( before you pay any blind) to sit out and leave a table. That way you played the whole orbit for which you paid the blinds.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Flintrino
      Flintrino
      Bronze
      You gave me the answer :D

Thank you
    • nattybongo
      nattybongo
      Bronze
      tottaly turbians answer. I've been doing it since i started playin cash games because i didnt want to loose anymore money while still waiting for that monster at UTG pre-flop. It happens. Recently had KK so i raise 4xBB and had no customers. Ahwell, nxt time.
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      its worst when you double up then buy in for maximum waiting for those blinds to come but you get AA and loose it all.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      it's also good though if u have a bigger stack then you should and hit a monster on the flop and win 2-4 times more than you originally would.
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      most of SSS players just dont know how to play their AA with big stack and they play the same way as with SSS which is imho wrong
    • Flintrino
      Flintrino
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mafaz
      most of SSS players just dont know how to play their AA with big stack and they play the same way as with SSS which is imho wrong
      How do you play it?
      I played last time same way and left the table with over 80BB.
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      AA is quite easy to play regardless of stack size.

small stack:
      Raise. if someone behind or in front raised, shove.

big stack: raise. re-raise. re-raise. re-raise. re-raise. Shove.

you know you are ahead against any 2 cards so as long as its a blind battle you can play it quite easily.

post flop small stack play:
      if you havnt already done so... shove.

big stack play.
      bet any board, with the exception of 3 suited connected cards.

potentially fold to a raise if you know the guy raises extremely tightly(i.e. better than TPTK)

make sure you bet enough to push everyone off their draws

edit: i dont tend to wait till im UTG because i am usually running 15 or 16 tables, i will forget which table is big monied.

hell, sometimes i find i have reached 25BB without having seen a flop... its scary when you realise you have been playing with $9(45BB) using SSS.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Semesa

edit: i dont tend to wait till im UTG because i am usually running 15 or 16 tables, i will forget which table is big monied.
      Turn auto post blinds off.
      The when it comes to be your blind you can sit out and leave the table if your over 25BB.
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      thanks kyle, ill do that from now on.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      only turn auto post blinds off when you know your over 25BB at that table, if you have auto post blinds off for all your tables it's very frustrating to keep clicking post blind every time it comes around to you.
    • Flintrino
      Flintrino
      Bronze
      Thank you,

I've had quite a few AA and KK today and quadrupled up. :D
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      i just turn the auto post everytime i shove, that way i don't have to think about "oh, i won , now i wait to be UTG and then leave"
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Flintrino
      Originally posted by mafaz
      How do you play it?
      I played last time same way and left the table with over 80BB.
      with my luck i only get called preflop when i raise..... and then i run up into a set most of the time... and you have an overpair and u wanna bet but its hard to know if someone has a set. So u bet your AA post flop and get reraised and what do you do. its hard to fold AA. I lost more with AA being a bigstack than i won.... So actually AA is a hand where you either win little or loose a lot....
      I dont really like it unless u are all in preflop.
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      Here you go. As i said i prefer to be all in preflop. Well that didnt work either.... Just my luck. Nice river....

Known players:
      SB:
      $53.75
      BB:
      $52.85
      Hero:
      $50.00
      UTG+2:
      $40.70
      MP1:
      $50.00
      MP2:
      $50.00
      MP3:
      $61.30
      CO:
      $50.95
      BU:
      $36.45

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A:spade: , A:club:
      Hero calls $0.50, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, MP3 raises to $3.00, CO folds, BU calls $3.00, SB raises to $13.50, BB folds, Hero raises to $50.00 (All-In), 3 folds, SB calls $36.50.

Flop: ($107.00) 8:spade: , T:club: , 8:club:
      Turn: ($107.00) 8:diamond:
      River: ($107.00) K:heart:

Final Pot: $107.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, eights full of aces (As Ac)
      SB shows a full-house, kings full of eights (Kd Ks)

SB wins with a full-house, kings full of eights (Kd Ks)