[NL2-NL10] NL25: AQ conti bet

• Termi8r
      Is it ok to play check/fold if I don't hit anything and playing against calling stations that will call anything. Does a conti bet make sence in such a situation?

Known players:

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:heart: , A:spade:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.25, 2 folds, SB calls $1.15, BB folds, MP2 calls $1.00.

Flop: ($4.00) 2:spade: , T:diamond: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $3.15 (All-In), SB folds, MP2 calls $3.15.

Final Pot: $10.30
  • 4 replies
    • justkyle88
      conti bet doesn't make sense if they are calling stations and will call anything.
      Looks like another situation when your playing the player.
    • abundance211
      MP2 doesn't look like a calling station.

On flop, as it is most likely that no one hit anything in this board and both opponents checked to you, I would go all in as well since pot size is bigger than your left stack size.
    • veriz
      I would have folded the hand after the flop. Lets see what judges advice.
    • xarry2
      usually we don't cbet against 2. but of course there are some exceptions to this rule. i think the most important ones are that its pretty hard to hit the board or that your opponents are calling your preflop raise with such a big range that they will miss many flops. having stats btw is also nice, like a very low wts or high fold to cbet.

well, in this hand i think its really hard to hit something. only a deuce or a ten have a good made hand. of course they will call with many PPs like 33-99, too. but besides these hands we usually still hold the best hand. they often have something like QJ/KJ/KQ or lower (suited)connectors as well as some suited aces like A3-A9s. especially the SB can even have a much looser range.
      moreover even if we get called by a Tx or a PP we have some outs left. usually around 6 outs. this means we can still win in around 20%.
      an finally its pretty decent for us to have a small stack left (compared to the board). thats why I would push here too.
      but be careful. this really depends on the board and your remaining outs if you get called. its still not standard to cbet against 2. but this spot is very decent for that.