breakeven 100k

• georgee92
      georgee92
      Bronze
      hi i am break even player at nl5 zoom after 100k , what should i do to improve my game to a solid winner ( more than 3bb/100hand) ??
      my stats from PT4

VPIP 20.82
      PFR 17.09
      3bet 4.59
      Cbet 74.79
      Fold to flop cbet 57.47
      fold to river bet 68.80
      Att to steal 42.11
      won when saw flop 43.77
      fold to 3bet 83.85
  • 4 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey georgee92

just going by the stats you give i dont think anyone can really draw many conclusions... i mean its just not detailed enough.

playing quite tight overall but its not a problem especially at nl5. your cbet is really high tho and i'd look for spots to just give up on the flop instead of just auto firing. dont have to win every pot. but thats just what stands out to me in the stats you give which really isnt enough.

you ask what you should do to improve your game to a "solid winner", so imo:
      1)stop worrying yourself with winrates, stats and graphs
      2)work on any mindset issues if you have them (everyone probably does)
      3)study

if we play in these stakes we just wanna focus on improving our understanding rather than looking at coloured lines in PT4. if we improve our understanding then our winrates will improve naturally - we cant improve winrate without understanding. just become a study junkie and dig deep into your game and learn how to think in various different spots. if you dunno where to start, then start with the most common situations :) here are some suggestions...

1) work on your preflop game; focus on planning and ask yourself what exactly you want to achieve with every hand you play before you play it. why do you open raise this UTG in this situation and not as standard? how are you playing with AK and QQ? why are you cold calling preflop in this spot (where is the profit coming from?)?

2) work on your flop game; focus on cbetting and study board textures, play with a plan and stop investing money on the flop only to give up later. cbetting isnt the only option on the flop - you can check without giving up :D

3) understand the whole 3bet/4bet game. theres tons of info out there but imo at nl2-nl10 this info can easily lead to some epic spew. look into how you 3bet and why, and how you react to 3bets and why.

4) overall, post hands; dunno how PT4 works, but in HM2 you can create custom marks for hands. for example, i have marks for 3bet pots, cbet questions, spots where i dont wanna fold, spots where i feel like spewing and spots where i just dont know what to do. find areas in your game that you feel you might struggle with and find a way to study them. when you post hands, dont just rofl spam the board - give your thinking in every single decision. who cares if your question is about river play? give your thoughts on all streets and try to do as much of the work as you can and maybe you even find the answer without posting it :D but at least when you give your thought process the judge can give you better feedback.

there is no magic formula that once you find it you'll start winning. and everybody's game is different so nobody can tell you what to do to improve - you have to find it yourself by putting the work in. something i've come to realise is that if theres an area of my game that i tend to just gloss over without studying it much, i realise i actually know absolutely nothing about it and it ends up being a leak.

hope that helps :)

p.s. since your sample is actually pretty significant so why not post some screenshots of a bunch of detailed stats/reports like RFI by position and flop/turn/river stats? im sure people will be able to tell you some stuff if you did that.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Yea you cbet a ton and fold too much to everything too
    • georgee92
      georgee92
      Bronze
      hi DrDunne :)
      thx a lot that was very helpful :f_thumbsup: :f_cool:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze