sng turbo 6max generous questions

• dubejoviceM
      dubejoviceM
      Bronze
      Hey guys. I am thinking about playing sng 6max turbo.
      I wanna start at 3,5$ stakes and my target is to climb to high stakes.
      I wanna know some generous things about this kind of sng and i hope someone of you will help me.
      :diamond: 1) IDK how many BIs should i have for any stake. I think 50bi is ideal but dont know, please let me know what is ideal or so

:diamond: 2) What is yours hour profit on 3,5$? Or ROI?

:diamond: 3) Do you think, it is good to mix it up with mtts?

Thx for any answer and advice, i am thinking about creating a blog about my voyage but dont know if someone would read it :s_mad:
      thx once again, gl
  • 7 replies
    • HergenL
      HergenL
      Bronze
      Hi dubejoviceM

I must admit I'm not really a SnG expert myself, but I'll be happy to share with you what I know from other players (and it's my job to talk to professional poker player all day long ;) ).

1. - I would certainly consider 50 BIs an extremely aggressive bankroll management for this format. hyper turbos have massive variance and unless you're willing to move up and down very quickly you'll want to have at least 100-150 BIs I think.

2. - your hourly rate depends on the number of tables obviously and what ROI and Rakeback earnings you have on average. On the Microstakes you should be able to achieve a ROI something like 5% or even more if you're really good, but you should expect that ROI number to drop massively on higher stakes. Most players I know on Midstakes+ say that a positive ROI is quite good in general ;) - the money in this variant obviously comes mainly from rakeback

3. - I wouldn't advise to mix such a fast-paced gametype with any other variants, misplaying a single hand has much more impact the less hands you play in a tournament, so the faster the format, the more focus you want to put on each decision.

Creating a blog is always a good idea for a whole bunch of reasons, I can certainly recommend you to document your progress. That's great for motivation and you're likely to get loads of helpful advice from other players.

Good luck at the tables!

Best regards,
      Hergen
    • faarcyde
      faarcyde
      Bronze
      1) 50 should be fine to start. It is always a function of your ROI. The higher your ROI, the less your standard deviation is, the less bankroll you need.

2) Again, it depends on your ROI. If you have a 5 percent ROI and play 10 games an hour, your hourly would be $.35*10=$3.50. If you have a ten percent ROI, $7. If you can play 20 an hour, $7 and $14 an hour, respectively.

In terms of attainable ROIs, it all depends on your skill level. I have been playing them for many years..I imagine if I played $3.50s I could get a 20 percent ROI. I'm assuming you are just starting out and aren't that familiar with ICM calculators, starting hand requirements, 3 bet strategies and so forth so who knows what your return will be.

Start by watching as many videos as you can, read forums, read books, ask a lot of questions.

3) I would just focus on one goal to start. Maybe mix them in later if you feel like it.
    • faarcyde
      faarcyde
      Bronze
      Damn you HergenL, you are too quick ;)
    • HergenL
      HergenL
      Bronze
      Hehe, you're the expert though, listen to him rather dubejoviceM ;)
    • unshpe
      unshpe
      Basic
      Really faarcyde? 20% ROI in 3.5$ 6max? Isn't that high even for you? In 9max what would you say YOU could get?

Thanks!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Just moving this to our dedicated board :)
    • faarcyde
      faarcyde
      Bronze
      Originally posted by unshpe
      Really faarcyde? 20% ROI in 3.5$ 6max? Isn't that high even for you? In 9max what would you say YOU could get?

Thanks!
      I think it is reasonable. Maybe one day when I have too much money and a lot of time on my hands I will try a challenge..